March 20, 2004 - Saturday- San Antonio Raceway (also known as RCR)
10:30 - gates open
11:30 - track goes hot
1:30 - qualifying starts and we go until the eliminations are done
It takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive to RCR from Houston. THIS SUCKS, but let me tell you the benefits:
1. We will have the track to ourselves, NO OTHER CARS will be running, JUST US
2. They are VERY lenient on the rules, (I.E. you can run without a cage).
3. Look forward to the BIG DOGS such as Titan, PHR/MVP, MSP, Virtualworks, etc... to run at this event. I have commitment from several teams.
4. We will have have the FASTEST and QUICKEST viper in the country here as well some very fast corvette's.
The sponsors are paying BIG bucks for the track, all you pay for is a LITTLE fee to watch or run. Gates open at 9 am, the track will open for racing at 10 am. You will be able to run as many times as you want until about 1 pm. At that time, we will take you guys and put you into your classes. The 4 classes will be as follows:
MK1-MK3 Class - Must have mk1-mk3 motor. If you have a mk3 or lexus with a 2jz-gte then you will be put into the corresponding MK4 classes listed below.
CLASS 1 - MK4 STOCK twins ONLY, no NOS
CLASS 2 - MK4 1 POWER ADDER ONLY, this means either stock twins+NOS, or single turbo's
CLASS 3 - UNLIMITED, run what you brung
Now, each class will have 16 cars. If we can't fill each class with 16 cars, then the fastest in each class will have BYE'S in the first round.
You can pay to run and NOT enter a class, that is OK. Once again, the money you pay will go toward pay out.
In all classes there will be a pay out for the top 3 finishers.
Here is the catch, we will open up the UNLIMITED class to vipers, vettes, rx7s, 300s, etc... just like last year.
The UNLIMITED class will have 16 cars, 8 supras, 8 vettes/vipers/rx7s/300s/etc...
3 rules for the UNLIMITED class:
1. No air shifted transmissions (like a lenko)
2. No alternative fuels (no methanol, alcohol, etc...)
3. If you run slicks, a maximum of 11.5 inch wide cold (trying to prevent Paisley type slicks...).
(If you are running drag radials (such as BFG or Nitto) then any size goes...)
$15 per person to watch, $55 per car to race. You will pay at the gate for this event.