Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a long Haul but well worth it. I learned alot from the Track conditions. For the first time I ran on not so Ideal Track conditions. It seemed everyone was running slower than normal. Rain delayed and im sure had a negative effect on the track surface.

I ran 10.00 - 10.40's first 3 passes with good MPH just terrible 60 ft times. I was used to launching the car a set way that did not work this weekend at the track.

In first round of eliminations I put a supra out with my first 9 second pass of a 9.97 and second round I raced styles that ran his best time but I was able to get him off the line. (Great Race i will post video later) he ran a 9.82 and I ran a 9.87. (Understand that with the track conditions any 9 second pass was a Great accomplishment) I had the titan supra Full blown Race car next with a AUto. I realized I was outmaned but I hoped to get a great jump and redlighted with a .498 light would have been neat to see what would have happenned if I cut it perfect.

I had a great time seeing John and his family and all the RSI guys.

big thanks to RSI for the help changing the wheels and rebuilding my rear.

Those supra's are really fast. I was hoping the titan car would break so we could have an all Viper final just didn;t happen. that car was real Fast.

Alos a Big thanks to DLM for this car. It continues to perform rock solid. If the weather is good in BG for the V-10's I expect it will run mid 9.50's

ANother note for those curious about my power. I was running 147-149 MPH trap speeds all day.

thanks peter Great event!!! I might have to send a invitation to the the fast supras for a shoot-out in the V-10 Nationals (run a fast 4 or quick 8 after the finals.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Mr. Boggs, thank you so much for ONCE AGAIN making the long trek out to TX for the Supra Nationals. We enjoyed having you hear and hope you make it again next year.
A point of interest, how about that white full weight street supra running [email protected] 9 times?? :eek:
Peter

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peter

that white supra was sick!!! Anyone that encounters that supra on the street is in for a big surprise!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
David, once again you caused me to lose sleep! You can't sell your car until you give me one more chance! All kidding aside, it was a great event, fun race and thanks to Peter Blach and everyone who made it happen.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Jason, thanks a lot buddy. Your car will go mid-low 9's as soon as you get more seat time... See you all at TX2K5!!!!!
Peter

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Styles said:
David, once again you caused me to lose sleep! You can't sell your car until you give me one more chance! All kidding aside, it was a great event, fun race and thanks to Peter Blach and everyone who made it happen.
Bowling Green is not to far away. so we can go at it one more time! I believe you will be runnning mid 9's by then. I need to look into NOS :nod: :nod: or something. I am gonna need something extra special in Bowling Green!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
HoustonT
what if the full weight white, daily driver supra used all the same set up but had the body and external set up of the Titan 8 sec. supra, who would be #1 then? A race between the 2 would have been the race to watch and a street supra running with a full out race car is unreal.
Great show as usual.

Roof
with a 100 shot you would be unstoppable

rohn, The Gods were on our side Saturday

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Rhon - the Titan car weighs about 400 lbs's less than the VirtualWorks car (the white car). I'd think that the Titan and VW car would be evenly matched if the VW was lightened.
Peter

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Peter, I'm Freds buddy from StreetCarForums /images/graemlins/tyson Does Virtual Works have a web site ? Do you know any info on the truck they have for sale ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.