Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got a list of various plugs that are TWO steps COLDER than the stock champions?

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
You want the piece of shit Bosch plugs I am taking out?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
MOJO - off topic, but when you are making motor only passes, do you switch back to the stock heat range or keep the colder plugs in.

on topic - I have only tried the autolite 3923 plugs and everytime I check them they are snow white.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
OK then.

So which are better then the Bosch Plat 4s or the NGK R5671A-8s?????????

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John, depnds on where im at, being that the heads/cam is technically considered one heat range colder i stick with the coldr plugs.

ive tried NGK R5617A-7 and they worked great for nitrous but fouled real fast otherwise.

what autolites are colder the 3923 or 3924??

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
BigCarrot said:
NGK BKR7E is what you need with a big shot of nitrous. They're shorter and the electrode is shorter.

This is the plug I've been running and it works well. Ironically the Supra takes the same plug! /images/graemlins/smiles I just order them in cases! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Advance Auto parts sells it under the NGK Stock #6097.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
John, depnds on where im at, being that the heads/cam is technically considered one heat range colder i stick with the coldr plugs.

ive tried NGK R5617A-7 and they worked great for nitrous but fouled real fast otherwise.

what autolites are colder the 3923 or 3924??
3923 are colder. 1 step colder than the 3923 is 3922.

This is from www.sparkplugs.com:

"Autolite Numbering System

Every spark plug company has a unique numbering system that may or may not have some built in meaning. Autolite® spark plug numbers indicate the heat range with the last number of the part number. Everything previous to that, regardless of the number of digits, can only be used to indicate a similar design (spark plug family). For example, a 23 is one heat range colder than a 24. 3924 is one heat range hotter than the 3923. The 23 and 24 will look exactly alike, but they will not look like the 3923 or 3924.

Some part numbers also use prefixes to indicate special features. AP as in AP24 indicates a platinum center wire on a 24. APP indicates a platinum center wire and a platinum ground (or side) wire. MP is for motorcycle platinum and WC is especially for personal watercraft."

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
big carrot; but how cold is it vs the stock champion plug??

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ill try them, hope theyre at least two otherwsie everyone is gonna see my engine turn into a party favor

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im going to bring autolite 3922 i know those babies will be cold enough

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Stock NGK heat range is 5 and the 6097(BKR7E) is 7, 2 steps colder than stock.

Autolite 3922 and NGK 6097 visually appear to be the same heat range.

Autolite calls a heat range 5 stock, where 3924 is 1 colder, 3923 is 2 colder, and 3922 is 3 colder.

Keep in mind different manufacturers select the closest plug to the stock heat range.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alright, my engine is in your hands carrot, see you in a few days ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.