Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
I was about to post the same thing, but for a Bugatti Veyron. But, I didn't think making a post about me not having enough to afford it was useful. :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Carl, I saw this one a couple of weeks ago, sold on ebay $15K back, I liked the color combo

If your interested keep looking, fall will bring some more discounts on new '13's and a low mile used will be priced even less

ebay 151126250693

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This!

Hey Carl you keeping the GTS?
At this point yes. I probably won't get into a Gen V at all. I've been looking at a couple of race cars and may wind up getting one of them. The GTS needs tires desperately. I have my 18" rims up at my shop getting coated. I'll probably pull the HRE's and get the centers coated then the inners/outers polished. then go back to them with the 18/19 combo though the tire selection isn't as good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wait for the Tomball fire sale at 15K off it's right around the corner.
That would be quite a kick in the nuts for those of us who supported SRT, and bought at factory prices...a further marketing disaster.

That leaves the 2014's at dealer showrooms now in a quandry. Who is going to pay msrp for basically the same car as the 2013, knowing a' fire sale' is right around the corner? But then again, SRT being marketing brain dead, the bean counters will rule!

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
That would be quite a kick in the nuts for those of us who supported SRT, and bought at factory prices...a further marketing disaster.

That leaves the 2014's at dealer showrooms now in a quandry. Who is going to pay msrp for basically the same car as the 2013, knowing a' fire sale' is right around the corner? But then again, SRT being marketing brain dead, the bean counters will rule!
Unless your rich and money isn't an issue no offense but buying a Gen V at sticker or in some cases over meant you got wacked. Reminds me of the idiots who spent 110k for a GT500KR when they first came out. At sticker price of 130k for a GTS and even knocking off 15k is still to much. Hell they could offer a 30k rebate on GTSs and 20k on SRT and still have their shit sit on showroom floors. Its an ugly car from the front and no fit to finish product with shitty restrictions. Another predictions a Gen IV ACR will be worth more than a GEN V GTS with same mileage used in one year from 2010 to 2013 models. A 96 Gen II B/W will be worth more with similar mileage than a 13 B/W in three years unless it can be modded.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Hate to say it but I think the 2014 sales figures will be abysmal and might be the death knell for the SRT Viper.
Hundreds and hundreds of 13's sitting on dealer lots now and 14's rolling out unchanged.
Hard to imagine SRT spending the money to design an ACR to sell what, a couple hundred (or less depending on price).

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Hate to say it but I think the 2014 sales figures will be abysmal and might be the death knell for the SRT Viper.
Hundreds and hundreds of 13's sitting on dealer lots now and 14's rolling out unchanged.
Hard to imagine SRT spending the money to design an ACR to sell what, a couple hundred (or less depending on price).
Agree coupe was to be a money maker to fund ACR project but unless they strap force induction on a late 2014 model its done. The new ZR1/ZO7 is due out soon and so is many other newer versions in that price range that out class/perform the Viper.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Free market society. Pay what you want or not. No one made them buy early.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Now 15k off an SRT is a deal I'd look at .......since only 15% of the new Vipers made are SRT's.:rolleyes:

Till then my Gen 4 fills the bill.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Honestly, I hate to say this, because I love Chrysler and the Viper, but I think it is finished. They blew it from the start and they keep blowing it. IMHO, this is going to be an extremely sad day for me anyway.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Free market society. Pay what you want or not. No one made them buy early.
Not quite a fair comment imo. When I put a deposit down in DEC 2010 at msrp, as the Viper was rising from the ashes, and the boards (VCA anyway) were saying the price will be $10k over sticker, and previous owners should get a break, etc etc, I thought I was golden, and so did everyone else who ordered at the time.

Anyway, a monetary kick in the nuts or not, I'm thrilled with my GEN V...way better than my previous 2009 Viper. Ask any GEN V owner, other than the poor guy who got the lemon...who was still gracious to the car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agree reluctantly Jon, and if so, there will be nobody to blame other than the disgraceful and total lack of Chrysler/SRT Marketing imo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts