Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ................

Ok, so who ruled the track in Ohio today????
The sc or the turbo boyz??? There's been so much hype about Dr. Roof's new RSI tt system. Inquiry minds want to know what that 1000 rwhp tt monster is capable of :nod:?

G

· Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on guys ...... spill the beans! This was supposed to be a record producing day?!?! Let's hear some details, the put-up or shut-up ones :lame: /images/graemlins/gay

· Registered
1,515 Posts
I ran [email protected] in the heat on Sat. I only made 2 passes due to 2 broken output shafts on the rear. Weather station had the altitude at 2350 feet at the time. When I was going to make my time trial run it was at 1700 feet. Should have gone in the 9.60's no problem I will post a video of the 9.86 pass tomorrow. Black lined through 3rd gear. Car ran great. I think I had a great shot at the unlimited class. No other 6 speed car went in the nines during the day.

RSI's big cube/NOS car ran one 9.60 pass at night. Roof's turbo car went 10.40's in the heat I believe and then the tranny let go.The finals found the RSI car sleeping at the tree. It went 9.70 to a winning 9.90 car from Underground.

Had a great time even though I made 2 passes all weekend. Thanks for all the help in the pits; Sam, Paul, Tony, Fudge, Lee, Roof and anyone else that helped out with the rear on my car.

Roof puts on a great show and we need more support...

· Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
twinvipers said:
I ran [email protected] in the heat on Sat. I only made 2 passes due to 2 broken output shafts on the rear. Weather station had the altitude at 2350 feet at the time. When I was going to make my time trial run it was at 1700 feet. Should have gone in the 9.60's no problem I will post a video of the 9.86 pass tomorrow. Black lined through 3rd gear. Car ran great. I think I had a great shot at the unlimited class. No other 6 speed car went in the nines during the day.

RSI's big cube/NOS car ran one 9.60 pass at night. Roof's turbo car went 10.40's in the heat I believe and then the tranny let go.The finals found the RSI car sleeping at the tree. It went 9.70 to a winning 9.90 car from Underground.

Had a great time even though I made 2 passes all weekend. Thanks for all the help in the pits; Sam, Paul, Tony, Fudge, Lee, Roof and anyone else that helped out with the rear on my car.

10.40??I thought for sure Roof's tt car would run some record passes.
He was cleaning house before and now he's 0 for 2 with the tt. That's a shame. Did any of the turbo cars run faster?
How fast did the sc cars run?

Too bad about the broken rear twin, it seems you had one fast car out there :nod:

Gerald

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
I believe the boost was turned way down on Roofs car so he could get used to it. I only saw one pass and there was a shifting problem in the tranny. So don't put to much stock in the 10.40.

· Registered
2,097 Posts
1TONY1 said:
I believe the boost was turned way down on Roofs car so he could get used to it. I only saw one pass and there was a shifting problem in the tranny. So don't put to much stock in the 10.40.
I agree

Maybe its time to look at the trans that Vern Hill runs. Once the one bug, the trans is worked out Roof will be the one to fear in the unlimited class. His motor ran flawless. He might have a problem keeping the tires on the car with 4th gear spin all over the place.

The unlimited class is filling up and if we continue going in the right direction by next year there should be 8 to 10 Vipers running unlimited with a steady flow of 9 sec. runs.

rohn

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Gerald said:
twinvipers said:

10.40??I thought for sure Roof's tt car would run some record passes.
He was cleaning house before and now he's 0 for 2 with the tt. That's a shame. Did any of the turbo cars run faster?
How fast did the sc cars run?

Too bad about the broken rear twin, it seems you had one fast car out there :nod:

Gerald
Gerald

I never said the TT would do anything! But if you want to run em we can? How much???

I chose to drive the car and we made 3 passes. The car would not shift. But I will tell you this. we turned the Boost controller to off which makes around 700 RWHP (I think) so I could get used to how hard the car hits! this is when I ran the 10.5 at 138 MPH Fighting to get the car in Gear. Shifting took forever!

I wanted to run the TT against My Blower car but the blower car did not make the show. I wanted to run twin Vipers but both our cars did not make the show. Next time maybe we can have some fun.

It is hard Gerald to drive this TT car for me on the track! I am not a seasoned Drag racer and I have fear of the car. I will get it down just take me some time to learn. at the V-10's Races is not a great time for me as I am kinda busy.

SW drove the Car one time and the Tranny was busted.

I will give a full detailed comparison of the Twin Turbo Vs the Supercharged car soon :nod:

as for COlumbus UNDERGROUND RACING stole the show with the Unlimited win and winner of the quickest supercharged VIper Awards.

Twin Vipers had a strong car but just like me had some bad luck when it came down to race.

· Registered
1,515 Posts
David,

Did you get my voice mail ?

Hopefully we can line up soon. I think it would be a great race that everyone would want to see. Thanks again for the hospitality...

What was the best time the Underground S/C only car ran ? You know I would have had them covered...

· Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
David,

I don't doubt you. I can't imagine what1000rwhp takes to get used to /images/graemlins/smiles But honestly I was thinkin 1 pass to see what she can do.
Twice in a row with 1000rwhp and your killing me :bowdown: I know once you get that baby right It will be killer. bring on the record et's :thumb:

Ps. if we race it will have to be a foot race lol :rofl:
Gerald

· Registered
2,059 Posts
twinvipers said:
David,

Did you get my voice mail ?

Hopefully we can line up soon. I think it would be a great race that everyone would want to see. Thanks again for the hospitality...

What was the best time the Underground S/C only car ran ? You know I would have had them covered...
Jeff

I had a great time with you Man! Wish the cars would have stayed together! I wish my blower car was there as well. But next time we can get it on! Check on the Track up there like we discussed.

· Registered
2,059 Posts
FE065 said:
DId Sal run his Heffner TT? I was there until about 7:30pm and don't remember seeing it run..
SaL made a surprise visit but like many others the CLutch gave way. Tough break. glad he cam and good to see GaryA as well.

· Mother Fucker
1,927 Posts
twinvipers said:

I wanna see that vid, heard that was a wild pass :bowdown: :bowdown: Sux about the rear :arcade:

· Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Twin, you think you have a 150+mph pass in that car once it hooks up down the track?

G

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.