Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this wide band o2 unit is sema product of the year. innovate is about half the cost of fjo and you can data log the runs. i find this unit to be easier to use then fjo. you could own a wide band o2 system with data log for price of one or two visit to the dyno. i think it's great deal.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stop smoking that crack! it's not good for you.

btw, you are a sorry and worthless living POS. get a life would you! i really do not care for something like you but just had to say it. LOL


also don't take it too personal it's only internet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,999 Posts
v8huntr said:
stop smoking that crack! it's not good for you.

btw, you are a sorry and worthless living POS. get a life would you! i really do not care for something like you but just had to say it. LOL


also don't take it too personal it's only internet.
seems to me you are the one taking it personal. you are getting a little defensive with this last statement
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Lambda meters are quite useful to be honest. I was pretty excited when I saw this digital hand held one. I'm glad to finally see a wide-band set up on the market. Sure the average guy could build one, but for the $350 it costs, it's hardly worth all the messing around and trips to the electronics store.

One question though, it this unit compatible with leaded fuel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
lol...

By saying "just a meter" I was illustrating the difference between your subject line "Tune your car!" and what it is. It's a passive readout, not a "tuner" - just thought I would point that out as it may have been misleading.

It is pretty cool...I was just fucking with ya cause you type engrish real good.

No harm no foul.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
Thanks for the spam!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
I'd say it's more along the lines of basic expectations.

"Hey, the inside of my fridge is cold! Good news!"

"Not one, but four -- yes ALL four -- of my tires are ROUND! Good news!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
Reddog said:
I'm glad to finally see a wide-band set up on the market. Sure the average guy could build one, but for the $350 it costs, it's hardly worth all the messing around and trips to the electronics store.
v8huntr is always finding the good stuff!

I agree that the price seems reasonable. $350 definitely seems like the going rate for a wideband meter. You could probably build a unit for about $200-$250, which includes $180 just for the wideband 02 sensor--that is, if you are pretty good at analog design. I really don't believe the average guy could build one though--the heater circuit and the sensor interface circuits are not trivial.

AEM also has a wideband 02 unit that goes for about the same price. I assume it's very similar (I don't know if it has data logging capabilities or not).

Dyno tuning your car lets you see more than just A/F ratios over the RPM range, so I would never consider this a replacement for good old fashioned dyno tuning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hello gary,

how are you?
i have ordered this unit with rpm pick up. i'll bring it by sometime and maybe we can try it on your 800++hp monster.


GaryA said:
Reddog said:
I'm glad to finally see a wide-band set up on the market. Sure the average guy could build one, but for the $350 it costs, it's hardly worth all the messing around and trips to the electronics store.
v8huntr is always finding the good stuff!

I agree that the price seems reasonable. $350 definitely seems like the going rate for a wideband meter. You could probably build a unit for about $200-$250, which includes $180 just for the wideband 02 sensor--that is, if you are pretty good at analog design. I really don't believe the average guy could build one though--the heater circuit and the sensor interface circuits are not trivial.

AEM also has a wideband 02 unit that goes for about the same price. I assume it's very similar (I don't know if it has data logging capabilities or not).

Dyno tuning your car lets you see more than just A/F ratios over the RPM range, so I would never consider this a replacement for good old fashioned dyno tuning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I've had a LM-1 for a couple of months and can say this is a great tool to own if you have a VEC2 or other means to adjust the AFR. It is more than just a gauge, you can log up to 44 min. of data from 5 imputs such as RPM, water temp, MAP, TPS, IAT etc. This info can be veiwed on a graph or on a spreadsheet. You should weld a bung on each side, pre-cat to get accurate measurements on both banks. Unless you want to use this only as a gauge, you need to order the RPM converter cable for $99
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top