Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. guys, after my first Viper Days event, had the Viper on the lift, servicing the tranny, noticed the stock tranny mount was broken. You know, the rubber was destroyed! Got a new one at the Dodge house. Man, what a weak design, basically a rubber isolator, prone to breaking! Noticed it was very similar to the garden variety mount GM used on Oh, about 10 gazillion vehilces.
So I got a Energy Suspension Performance Polyurethane transmission mount for a GM. Fits perfect - a straight bolt in! Raised my B&M Short shifter with MGW Viper ball approx. 3/4", the Dodge mount had collapsed. 2 weeks ago at the Viper Days World Finals, no missed shifts, and with the ball up slightly, it is actually easier to shift, along with the RedLine tranny fluid.
So, next time you a rattling tranny, or feel your shifter moving around as you lay down the torque, install the Energy Suspension Poly Trans. mount #3.1108G :thumb:

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Very cool, I have a few customers that will be interested in this!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.