Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got hit with "instant on" radar near I-35 returning from the drag strip. V1 couldn't save my ass. The State Trooper pulled me over and my buddy stopped to wait at a convenience store (where he also got a ticket). I got an 83 in a 65 zone, he got 80.

Anyone know a lawyer I can call in Austin? I just took Defensive Driving (6 mo. ago) so I'm looking to get deferred adjudication but I'm not sure I have a case. Maybe I should just pay the damn thing if I don't have a chance of dismissal. The ticket is $185. Not sure what a lawyer would cost or how the odds stack up. Any opinions?
Scott

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No other repercussions really. $185 and getting screwed on insurance. Always hear these guys talking about "I've got a lawyer that I pay $XXX and he takes care of my tickets". I've had plenty over the years and figured I'd look into my options before I decide to buy San Marcos Tx a new set of tires for the police cruiser. Maybe my best bet is to just pay it.
Scott

·
Registered
19,181 Posts
BG , talk to the prosecutor , he will let you take def. driving again , if you ask to take it instead of taking it to trial. They want to keep as many as possible from going to trial. Works every time in Travis county. spray.........

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. I see that our collective expertise in recieving and dealing with speeding tickets is pretty extensive. Thanks for the info. I'll make some phone calls and see how it goes.
Scott

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
Scott I thought you had quick reaction times and 60 fts ........ that must be for the gas pedal only and not the brake pedal.

Good luck......

We would hate to see you not make it to the event and Norm would have to to drive the red one....it would be easy pickings. :dance:

Cudaman:flag:

·
Out to lunch
10,532 Posts
BIG GUN said:
No other repercussions really. $185 and getting screwed on insurance. Always hear these guys talking about "I've got a lawyer that I pay $XXX and he takes care of my tickets". I've had plenty over the years and figured I'd look into my options before I decide to buy San Marcos Tx a new set of tires for the police cruiser. Maybe my best bet is to just pay it.
Scott
Haha, It was in San Marcos. Sorry man, thats my home town. That is without the most corrupt damn little department around and in a really odd fucking way. San Marcos PD is the dumping ground for all the gay cops in the state. It is moderating a bit but for a good while the Chief was a bonified ****(The previous chief died under very unusual circumstances with a half assed investigation, To this day most believe he was done in by the **** clan looking to build an enclave in the San Marcos PD) and when a gay cop from god knows what PD has had enough ridicule he would go to San Marcos for safe haven. During the early 90's it was unfucking real. You couldn't get pulled over without dealing with a lisp. All those ***** cops like to take their emasculated angst out on the public. FUCK THEM

On another note it is still a very small town as far as city politics go and the judges and lawyers are all life long pals and golf buddies and are not your best choice. An Austin lawyer would suit you better.

What was the name of the Cop that pulled you over. About a 50% chance I could give you his life story.

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
nohsreg2000 said:
BIG GUN said:
Scott
Haha, It was in San Marcos. Sorry man, thats my home town. That is without the most corrupt damn little department around and in a really odd fucking way. San Marcos PD is the dumping ground for all the gay cops in the state. It is moderating a bit but for a good while the Chief was a bonified ****(The previous chief died under very unusual circumstances with a half assed investigation, To this day most believe he was done in by the **** clan looking to build an enclave in the San Marcos PD) and when a gay cop from god knows what PD has had enough ridicule he would go to San Marcos for safe haven. During the early 90's it was unfucking real. You couldn't get pulled over without dealing with a lisp. All those ***** cops like to take their emasculated angst out on the public. FUCK THEM

On another note it is still a very small town as far as city politics go and the judges and lawyers are all life long pals and golf buddies and are not your best choice. An Austin lawyer would suit you better.

What was the name of the Cop that pulled you over. About a 50% chance I could give you his life story.

Don't ask, don't tell :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.