Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot I had taken a couple of pics, towing my RT, with my RT, from Minnesota to Kali...The "D" towed just fine, but there is no doubt she was definitely working...But it was absolutely no problem at all.

Might have to get a bigger truck if I get an enclosed for this years drag events, don't think the "D" will pull that off...

If anyone needs some fireworks, just let me know...I have a connection...

[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/215043/WQFLT-DSC00399.JPG[/image]
[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/215043/ANCNM-DSC00397.JPG[/image]
[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/215043/GVQXT-DSC00402.JPG[/image]

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric...The trailer is just a 16' H&H with a 2' dove tail...I had the trailer place put the fairing on, and then I put the tool boxes on myself...All totaled I think I paid under $3K for all of it...and the tool boxes were $900 themselves...Load leveling hitch w/anti-swaybar was $400...

The fairing could be a tad higher, like 6" taller...but I can fix that easy with some more diamond plate...and I need longer ramps...the five footers that came with the trailer don't cut it...But I am getting 10 footers made out here in Kali, that will fold and fit in the same location under the dove tail...

Oh, and it needs some wheels...the white spokes are so freakin ugly...

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
i was within inches of buying an H&H just a few months ago. i just hadn't heard much about them, and i knew that i would probably need boards to get my car on and off. so you just had the fairing installed by the trailer place you bought it from? how tall is it right now?

the trailer i was looking at was an automatic quick load. the trailer would slide back all by the touch of a button. nice rig, only 2600 bucks. you have a winch? or in the market for a winch? and how much are the new ramps going to cost you? sorry for all the questions, i just know that i am going to have to bear down and buy one

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am getting one of the boiler makers at the refinery to build the new ramps...cheap...they like to kiss the inspectors ass doing shit like this...

If you find a tilt, especially for $2600...freakin jump on it...I use boards to get on too, but the new ramps will work perfect...The trailer place charged me $200 to put the fairing on, and it's 24" tall...but like I said, it could really be 30"...but I did not get any chips whatsoever on my trip...

No need for a winch, with the trailer hooked up to the Durango, I can drive it on no problem...and the doors clear the trailers fenders by about an inch...perfect...unless of course you are "broke"...then a winch would be handy...I may have to consider that one...

I was leary about getting a 16 footer, but with the two foot dovetail, it's perfect...I installed the tie downs once I had loaded the RT...Lot's of people claim you need a 18 - 20 footer...well, the pics are proof that a 16 footer works just fine, with room for tool boxes...

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Looks impressive, Gerald! :clap:

Looks like a way to keep your Viper a low mileage car - only put on miles 1/4 mile at a time!

/images/graemlins/drive

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RedSnakeGTS said:
thanks Gerald! that helps a ton. now get some HREs for that trailer /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
Uhm...Being cheap and po'...I'll probably opt for some wheels that match the Durango's...Nothing says "white trash" like American Racing rims!!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
RedSnakeGTS said:
thanks Gerald! that helps a ton. now get some HREs for that trailer /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
Uhm...Being cheap and po'...I'll probably opt for some wheels that match the Durango's...Nothing says "white trash" like American Racing rims!!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
:lolcry: dude, nothing like being able to pick up windshield washer lights, sheepskin seat covers, and your American Racing rims at Pep Boys

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Like anybody is looking at the trailer :rolleyes: They will be checking the Viper out /images/graemlins/thumb1

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
G, i gotta say bro, im actually not gonna talk smack at ya here. it looks damn good. now i gotta get my fatass a trailer seein that a 16' does in fact work despite all the dumbfucks who say you need minimum 18'

electric brakes a must...nah not with an H2!!

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
V10 MOJO said:
electric brakes a must...nah not with an H2!!
Trust me...you'll need them...Here's the deal...Electric brakes are typically standard on one of the trailer's axles...That is plenty, but if you are going to order one, or happen across one with electric's on both axles, jump on it...as an option, it's only another $100 or so...worth the added safety and comfort...One controller in the cab runs them both anyway...

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tiepilot said:
Dam I'd never thought a Durango could tow a Viper, much less the distance you pulled it. Was it frightening at times? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Never...My Durango is the R/T...5.9L V8 (360cid)...3.92 gears...full time 4wd (kind of sux for towing)...Load leveling hitch with anti-sway control on the trailer...Trust me, the Durango is no pussy...I never had a Chebbie pull this well! Or look this cool doin it!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts