Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any updates?? friday events/times. saturday events/times?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rich,
My understanding is that the track will open at 6:00 pm on Friday and all day Saturday. That is the last I got from David. Hopefully that is correct because we are leaving Friday morning.
See you there,
Joe

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know; but what specific event(s) are being done on friday evening? anything, or is it a free for all. last i saw, all was being done on saturday and friday was an extra day??

ahh well, im arriving thursday and im going to stay in downtown KC, see some old friends and mess around on the streets of KC for friday /images/graemlins/toothy

cudaman, join me for some tequila on the plaza? bring crazy larry and fuelman too

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
I believe that Friday night is going to be a general "warm up" and get to know the track. David suggested I invite a few of the high powered Vettes for that night for a little rivalry action. Hopefully I can get MikesZ06, a local guy with a supercharged 427 Z06. My understanding is that Saturday will then open at 8:00 AM with various run groups and qualifying later in the evening (Vipers only, of course). I think the finals are planned for 9:00 Saturday night.

As for hitting KC early, be sure to give me a shout. While I am a dud (yes, without the "e") with no Viper, there are several KC members that are definitely big partiers. Always looking for an excuse to go screw around somewhere!

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Chris...Tell that old fart MikesZ06 that Snake Bitten says hello, and to kiss every inch of my entire ass... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i knew i could count on ya ward. we wont be able to do a strong friday evening but thursday evening and satruday evening (celebrating my victory /images/graemlins/smiles ) will be worthy of some serious hooching. you sure you aint gettign too old for this shiit /images/graemlins/toothy

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
i knew i could count on ya ward. we wont be able to do a strong friday evening but thursday evening and satruday evening (celebrating my victory /images/graemlins/smiles ) will be worthy of some serious hooching. you sure you aint gettign too old for this shiit /images/graemlins/toothy
Never too old...

Cudaman:flag:

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good, you passed the test, i figured youd answer correctly. just dont pass out though, you aint exactly petite and im not carrying your bigass around westport, LOL

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Y2K3SRT said:
I believe that Friday night is going to be a general "warm up" and get to know the track. David suggested I invite a few of the high powered Vettes for that night for a little rivalry action. Hopefully I can get MikesZ06, a local guy with a supercharged 427 Z06. My understanding is that Saturday will then open at 8:00 AM with various run groups and qualifying later in the evening (Vipers only, of course). I think the finals are planned for 9:00 Saturday night.

As for hitting KC early, be sure to give me a shout. While I am a dud (yes, without the "e") with no Viper, there are several KC members that are definitely big partiers. Always looking for an excuse to go screw around somewhere!
Chris,
you sold your viper?

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
randall said:
Chris,
you sold your viper?
Yep. I figured if my friend Randall didn't have one then I wouldn't either. /images/graemlins/wink Okay, okay - I am getting one of those ugly-ass yellow/black 2005's in 8 weeks or so. Didn't mean to sell mine so fast, but it was a popular car! At least it stayed local...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Y2K3SRT said:
randall said:
Chris,
you sold your viper?
Yep. I figured if my friend Randall didn't have one then I wouldn't either. /images/graemlins/wink Okay, okay - I am getting one of those ugly-ass yellow/black 2005's in 8 weeks or so. Didn't mean to sell mine so fast, but it was a popular car! At least it stayed local...
shit Chris!i was thinking about getting back into a Viper!how many miles did you end up putting on her?

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
good, you passed the test, i figured youd answer correctly. just dont pass out though, you aint exactly petite and im not carrying your bigass around westport, LOL
I am not carrying your big ass either..... Well, maybe with the help of 2Manytoys, we could at least get you to the parking lot. Your such a petite fellow.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
I wanted to make sure everybody had directions to the track in Topeka.

FROM THE EAST:
Kansas City/St. Louis - Follow I-70 West/Kansas Turnpike to Topeka. Take South Topeka fork on I-470 (left) and follow to the Topeka Blvd. exit (#177). Go south on Topeka Blvd. approximately four miles to Gary Ormsby Drive.

FROM THE NORTH:
Omaha/Lincoln - Take Highway 75 South to Topeka. Follow US-75 to I-70 West and then to I-470 South. Exit Topeka Blvd. South and travel four miles south. Alternatively you can follow US-75 until you reach the south end of town, exit at Toepka Blvd. Turn left (north) and travel 1.5 miles to Finish Line Drive.
Des Moines - Take I-35 South to Kansas City. From Kansas City take I-670 West to I-70 West. Follow I-70 West/Kansas Turnpike to Topeka. Take the South Topeka fork on I-470 (left) and follow to the Topeka Blvd. exit (#177). Go south on Topeka Blvd. approximately four miles to Gary Ormsby Drive.

FROM THE SOUTH:
Dallas/Wichita - Take I-35 north which becomes the Kansas Turnpike in Kansas. Stay on the turnpike, which becomes I-335 from Emporia to Topeka. I-335 merges with I-470 in Topeka. Take the Topeka Blvd. exit (#177) and go south on Topeka Blvd. approximately four miles to Gary Ormsby Drive.
Tulsa - Take Highway 75 North to Topeka. Take a right on Finish Line Drive.

FROM THE WEST:
Denver/Western Kansas - Take I-70 East to I-470/US-75 in Topeka. Follow US-75 south of Topeka to Topeka Blvd. exit. Turn left and follow Topeka Blvd. north for 1.5 miles -or- Take I-70 East to I-470/US-75. Follow US-75 until south of town, exit at Topeka Blvd. Turn left (north) and travel 1.5 miles to Finish Line Drive

ALL
When you get to the track, turn LEFT (east) on Gary Ormsby Drive. Follow that around as it turns to the south. Look for Gate D which will be the Registration and tunnel to the paddock:

[image]http://kansascityvca.com/v10nationals/v10hpt.jpg[/image]

You're there! Now as far as the hotel, it is the beautiful Capitol Plaza Hotel located at 1717 SW Topeka Blvd in Topeka, KS. The hotel is located exactly 7 miles north of the track on Topeka Blvd. It is on the east side of the street (your right coming from the track). Here is a map of the city with the prominent locations marked in red:

[image]http://kansascityvca.com/v10nationals/v10map.jpg[/image]

Questions on directions? Drop me an e-mail at [email protected] We look forward to seeing you there!

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
MacedoMS said:
Snake Bitten said:
Chris...Tell that old fart MikesZ06 that Snake Bitten says hello, and to kiss every inch of my entire ass... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
So what's the weak excuse this month on why you won't make it to Topeka?

Work...I will be in Shreveport.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts