Personal sponsors:
5 people who want this thing to succeed

Total Sponsorship $9,100.00

Total Entry Fee's collected $2275.00

Total Income: $11375.00

Total Expenses: $14850.00
Total Income: 11375.00

Final outcome: - $3475.00 LOSS

Thanks to all who have help so generously! If the cars will show up and race from stock to super modified! we will not go in the hole!

Please help us with two things:

1. call your dealer or vendor and get them on board as a sponsor
2. Come out to the races, you will have a blast!

I hope to see 75 plus cars at Ohio in August!

FYI there was 26 vipers there for the weekend and 21 of them competed and 18 of them were VCA members!

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
im amazed at the poor show rate from cars west of kansas. amazing how little interest in the mountain and west regions, yet serious racers like ohio, texas, and florida will drive a thousand plus miles every race without blinking an eye.

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
im amazed at the poor show rate from cars west of kansas. amazing how little interest in the mountain and west regions, yet serious racers like ohio, texas, and florida will drive a thousand plus miles every race without blinking an eye.
I know by the end of my 3000 mile trip....I looked like a an owl....sleep depravation.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
What a shame.

If I can ever get myself out of my own financial hell and get a Viper, you'll see me at every single race Dr Roof! Hopefully the series survives long enough.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Viperalley has a good bankroll going right now, would it be possible to use some of that $$ to compensate for the lack luster turnout?

Here's an idea, bring the V10 nats out to SoCal and I'm sure you will get a nice turnout, possibly have a vette v viper or viper v world race on one of the days. If we can randomly get 2-3 vipers at local track days it would be hard not to have 50 at a big event.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
V10 MOJO said:

Don't forget us in NC :thumb:

·
Registered
502 Posts
twinvipers said:
There would also be a great turnout at Englishtown New Jersey for a Viper/Vette shoutout.

One of the best tracks in the country...
oooo thats a good idea right there!! that way i could sneak in and drool over all your cars /images/graemlins/smiles :thumb: :rofl:

Anthony

·
Registered
235 Posts
Guys, we HAVE to help David with this. No one else has stepped up to do anything like this. David has done a great job and it is up to the whole community to help him. Everyone needs to sign up and pay, even if you end up not going, what's $200 to help out a great cause for ALL OF US..We cannot let David lose money on anymore events, he and his beautiful wife are excited about puting these events on and we can't let them down. I told David that if he doesn't get enough people to pre-register and PAY, call that particular event off.

Let's keep this good thing going...

SW

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
You cant blame people for not coming out to race or support an event that is going in right in the middle of the summer. Most people have lives outside of the Vipers and mid-July is right in the middle of the summer when lots of families go on vacation, etc. What you can do is schedule future V10 National events at venues and times that make sense. Places like San Antonio and Bradenton FL are winners as they are fast tracks during the cooler months and they have a good local following that will come out.

Also, having a big event in August right before the VOI is not going to help. Some people cant do both events from both a time and cost basis. And who wants to risk breaking their Viper right before the VOI?

I commend David for driving and pushing for great competition. But there needs to be more thought put into picking the locations and schedules for these events. At least this needs to be the case for the best economic results.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
V10 MOJO said:

Almost $13,000 for track rental?! Holy Smokes. Here's Milan Dragway's (MI) rental policy:

The track is available for rent with and without timing equipment. It is also used for club events, company testing, company picnics and product displays.A rental using the timing equipment also includes track personnel, ambulance and insurance. There is a three hour minimum, and the cost is $250 per hour up to 15 drivers. The hourly rate increases $50 for each group of 15 drivers. So 16-30 would be $300 per hour, 31-45 would be $350 per hour and so on. Rentals can be held during the week, and some select Saturday mornings. Suites, catering, tents, tables and chairs are available at an additional cost.To check for availability, special requests, or lager events information, please contact our Events Coordinator Deneen Baxter at (734) 439-7368 or online at [email protected]

No sense being upset at those who didn't come to KS. Viper shops come to race each other and get advertising, writing the trip off as a business expense. We're all not doctors, or otherwise independently wealthy to just trailer-up and do a 2000r/t mile road trip. - Or to register and pay even if we're not coming (?)....

You'll have to hold the Nats in states where the Viper/VCA registrations are highest to attract enough racers from the small percentage of owners who want to race, and contact various strips about their rental policy or integrate the V10 Nats more cleanly into a strip's regular program rather than make a SummerNationals out of it with so few Vipers to choose from nationwide. There just aren't enough cars to support V10 Nats everywhere.

Years ago strips would pay big acts to come into town and attract spectators (and still do). The Viper racers may not commmand payment from a strip owner, but the strip bill shouldn't be anywhere near $13K if the right strip is chosen. (9 second Vipers coming to town ought to offer some bargaining power)

A nice effort, but it's limited from the start, I'd think.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
John Hennessey said:
You cant blame people for not coming out to race or support an event that is going in right in the middle of the summer. Most people have lives outside of the Vipers and mid-July is right in the middle of the summer when lots of families go on vacation, etc. What you can do is schedule future V10 National events at venues and times that make sense. Places like San Antonio and Bradenton FL are winners as they are fast tracks during the cooler months and they have a good local following that will come out.

Also, having a big event in August right before the VOI is not going to help. Some people cant do both events from both a time and cost basis. And who wants to risk breaking their Viper right before the VOI?

I commend David for driving and pushing for great competition. But there needs to be more thought put into picking the locations and schedules for these events. At least this needs to be the case for the best economic results.
John
For Gods sakes this is his first year and for what he has put together is more than anyone else has done including you and I.
I have never witnessed any start up go perfect out of the box. This first year is a trial and error and must be supported. Even if a tuner can not make a race date sending a $500.00 donation would be great. :thumb:
At least we have had some race dates where other "calling out" or races have not even got to first base.
When is the best time, when school is back and we all have something to do? There is no perfect date but to get this past next week make some time and SUPPORT. The races have to move around and next year Topeka will be raced in a different part of the year, cool weather time.

Rohn
PS:
Just read the paper here in Calif., it seems that the CHP is looking for a Viper that was terrorizing the freeway. lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think we are turning the corner! Ohio is centrally located, has the biggest Viper population in a 300 mi radius of any area in the country. Track is great, there are additional events like AutoX. I think this one will break the record establish at BG for VOI drags.
If your on this board, read V10 Nats posts, are within 200 miles of Columbus, Get off your ass and stop making excuses, SHOW UP!! You bought the car to drive, take it out a join you brothers.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
mxblue23 said:
Viperalley has a good bankroll going right now, would it be possible to use some of that $$ to compensate for the lack luster turnout?

Here's an idea, bring the V10 nats out to SoCal and I'm sure you will get a nice turnout, possibly have a vette v viper or viper v world race on one of the days. If we can randomly get 2-3 vipers at local track days it would be hard not to have 50 at a big event.
I agree -- get one out here in Cali or Las Vegas and it will be a great turn out. Invite Vettes or Mustangs and you'll be oversold, as there are always tons of them at the local events, and it seems like Cali has more vettes on the road than anywhere else I have ever seen.

-M

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Hey David,

What is the entry fee? Your post said 21 cars competed and you got $2,275.00, so about $100 each? If you would work with us on the west coast to get one going before the end of the year (October or November would be good) either in Vegas or California (I would say Vegas just because I think it will draw more people) then I would put $$$ up for the first 10 entries myself and get some of the local San Diego guys to attend. There's a ton of guys in Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties (all So Cal.) that would go.

Even if this schedule conflicts with an event on the East Coast, I don't think it matters so much since most West Coast guys are not going to go that far and east coast guys aren't going to come out here. Besides, we have a few great tuner shops in the area, and I know Dan Craigen and West Coast Viper both have customers that would head out.

What's the easiest way to make this happen?

-Manny

·
Latest JEDI Weapon!
575 Posts
Roof,

You can continue to count on my support and sponsorship and I hope to be able to offer more at some point in the future.

As for VOI, I don't know about the rest of you, but $ 2500.00 for my wife and I for admission and hotel expense(not including a few hundred more dollars in fuel and travel expenses to and from Dallas from Florida) is prohibiting us from attending this event. I find it hard to explain to my kids the fact that we could have gone on a Disney Cruise instead.

I hope to be able to attend the Drag race portion of VOI if they allow that, like last event. I also plan to attend the Columbus V-10 race and as many others on the circuit as possible.

Keep up the good work David....and let me know when you need someone to take your motorhome for a few weeks.

Tom

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Dr. Roof, i'd like to OFFICIALLY invite the V-10 Nationals series to coincide with the TX2K5 - Supra Nationals. We already have MANY vipers that show up that day, might as well run two events simultaneously and have a UNLIMITED combined class where the supras can continue to race the vipers. It would help both of us cover the costs and it would bring MANY car enthusiasts together. If you're interested, please drop me a line...
Peter
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ViperJEDI said:
Roof,

You can continue to count on my support and sponsorship and I hope to be able to offer more at some point in the future.

As for VOI, I don't know about the rest of you, but $ 2500.00 for my wife and I for admission and hotel expense(not including a few hundred more dollars in fuel and travel expenses to and from Dallas from Florida) is prohibiting us from attending this event. I find it hard to explain to my kids the fact that we could have gone on a Disney Cruise instead.

I hope to be able to attend the Drag race portion of VOI if they allow that, like last event. I also plan to attend the Columbus V-10 race and as many others on the circuit as possible.

Keep up the good work David....and let me know when you need someone to take your motorhome for a few weeks.

Tom

Tom

You can use anything I got anytime! Just let me know! (Im not kidding)

as for the SHreveport event. It is open to all Viper owners not just VOI 8 registered owners.

thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.