Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,421 Posts
recommended pressures on the tires you plan to run. If you are going to continually make multiple passes, make sure to monitor your pressure's as they will increase. Pressures in the tires are affected the greatest by acceleration and deceleration.

We have run both MXX3's and Pilots at those speeds. Whatever tire you plan on using, make sure it's Z rated or the highest rating you can aquire in your tire. Don't run that fast with a tire that's underrated for the speeds you want to attain.

Your selection of road to run on should be as smooth and flat as possible. Be careful where you choose to make your runs and check the road at lower speeds. Make sure there's no "dips" or "swales" in the road that you might encounter towrds the end of your run at top speed. The undulation might be very slight and hardly noticeable at 120mph, but at 200mph you don't want to encounter any serious types of "dips" that could lift your front end or get air underneath.

I would leave the windows completely rolled up.

Inspect everything on your car, especially underneath your car before you plan to test at high speeds. It's always good to put a wrench on everything underneath and check bolt tightness. You could have 1 loose bolt on your u-joint and the rotation at those speeds could create a serious problem. I would recommend getting driveshaft loops and halfshaft loops.

Safety is always #1. Take safety seriously, even if you just plan to go and do something like this once. It only takes once for something to happen. :thumb:

Gearing is another important factor that can be calculated by many different software programs.

Rjr.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
gtsbob said:
On top of all the excellent suggestions posted so far, do your runs at an organized event such as Sandhills, SilverState etc. It's a lot more fun when your'e not worried about other cars, animals or whatever. I ran the SORC mile @ 189.2 mph in my ROE SC GTS, 7 lb pully. I was still pulling strong at the finsh line. You might want to check your fuel pressure with the 8 lb pully. Your'e near the edge.
That's awesome gtsbob! Congrats! :thumb:

How was the event this year? I know West Coast Viper won the standing mile. Ron Adee won the half mile (In a race prepped Dodge truck!) and the unlimited Open Road Race. What other highlights? We really wanted to go but opted to do the V10 Nationals. Great people in that little town of Arnold with the coolest road race in the country, IMHO. Now that Ron beat my time in the ORR, I definitely have to get back there next year and tackle a higher avg. mph.

I thought a Busch Cup Car was going to race in the ORR?

r

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.