1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I just downloaded the Monaro, Chrysler, Jaguar battle. Man do they hate American cars. Jeremy goes on and on about how the "monstrously large American power plants" make mid 300hp and only the Brits could get 400hp out of a their little 4.4L. Of course, he forgets to mention that the Jag has a blower and is owned by Ford. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I watched that one last week and his review on the show was totally different than the one in the magazine anything for ratings I guess. Fifth gear also reviewed it a few weeks ago and they liked it. It should be interesting to see what he says about the viper.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I found the Top Gear review of the 300C from last year. Hammond drove it and loved it. Said that Americans had finally built a car that had weighted steering but then in this review he claims it has no feedback and the steering sucked.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Lucifer said:
I just downloaded the Monaro, Chrysler, Jaguar battle. Man do they hate American cars. Jeremy goes on and on about how the "monstrously large American power plants" make mid 300hp and only the Brits could get 400hp out of a their little 4.4L. Of course, he forgets to mention that the Jag has a blower and is owned by Ford. :rolleyes:
Don't forget the fact that all their cars are dohc, which makes a huge difference in getting a lot more power out of a smaller motor....of course, they have like half the torque that the american push rods do /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
21,933 Posts
Lucifer said:
oh gee lets bash them because they exposed the 300 for what it is. A barge with a great exterior and engine but nothing else. A car is more than something to go in a straight line in.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
Lucifer said:
oh gee lets bash them because they exposed the 300 for what it is. A barge with a great exterior and engine but nothing else. A car is more than something to go in a straight line in.
No fucking shit?!!! Must have forgotten that. /images/graemlins/jackoff

The point is, last time they tested it, they loved it. Said the handling was superb, feedback though the wheel was excellent. Now they test it against a British car and suddenly it's the worst car they've ever tested. Just wait, they'll destroy the Viper too.

·
Registered
865 Posts
My old 94 red RT is being used in the SRT test for a comprassion, the current owner only had the car 3 weeks before Clarkson wanted to thrash it around the track, but he didnt let it happen.

The RT will be in the studio on wednesday for the filming of the studio part of the programme, all the track stuff was completed a few weeks ago, had a ticket to go and watch on wednesday but unfortunately I cant make it

I think Clarkson will have love/hate relationship with the SRT, much like he does with most cars that make it onto the programme....... the interior will get slated but he will like the performance.... he wont like the way it go's around corners, etc ... there was a sequence of quick shots on the first programme of this new series and the SRT was going skidding quickly, backwards !

·
Registered
865 Posts
news from the guys that went the had a great time at the studio, the SRT got a good report ! and a fab time in the wet, although The Stig did break the black SRT (Chrysler UK MD's car /images/graemlins/smiles ) not sure what happened though, cant wait to see the footage on sunday

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Lucifer said:
will someone sit Jerome down and explain to him that the 4.4 supercharged Jag engine is bigger and heavier than a 350+ cubic inch OHV V8....

what would you rather have - a 420lb engine that makes 400hp, is smaller than the others, but is OHV, or a 5-600lb engine that makes 400hp that requires more room (because it is actually a lot bigger) but hey it has a smaller cc and comes with quad cams?

This small discplacement mentality is very one sided.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.