Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Top 10 cars of the CENTURY?!

983 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Super Squirrel 
#1 ·
I recently did a search for dupont registry on google, and happend to come across a link stating "dupont registry top 10 cars of the century". After going to the link, I saw that the Viper GTS was voted #3 and only beaten by a diablo and a mclaren f1.

Told my friends but they didnt believe me!

And now...i cant find the site again...has anyone heard of the list i am talking about?

If anyone knows where i could find it, this would be of great help!

Thanks!!

#3 ·
Here is the article.....

"Thank God The Millennium
is Over
Here’s another list for the vaunted Car of the Century, this one by the duPont Registry. "A Buyer's Gallery of Fine Automobiles" announces the "Top 100 Cars of the Century." The magazine surveyed its readers around the world as well as visitors to its web site on the most popular cars of the 20th century.
The duPont Registry was interested in using the opinions of car enthusiasts instead of a panel of automobile experts to create the list. The magazine conducted the survey between January and May. Participants wrote in their choices for the 10 best cars of the century. The top 100 cars were determined by compiling these votes (so why not just call it the Top 100 in the first place?). The number one automobile of the 20th century, according to the duPont Registry survey, is the Lamborghini Diablo. The following four choices are all exotic automobiles. The 1954-1957 Mercedes Gullwing is the first collector car to appear on the list. The first American car is the 1996- present Dodge Viper GTS, ranked at number three. Ferrari leads all manufacturers with a total of 15 models in the top 100, followed by Porsche with a total of nine models. "

And here is the link to it.... Top 100

#4 ·
rollmodel,

Nice find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.