Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own an '03 Z06. I'm looking at buying an '02 FE GTS. Yesterday I actually went and sat in the car, and was dissapointed to find that I just don't fit. I'm 6'3", and my left knee is jammed against eyeball vent on the left side, and my feet are extremely cramped on the pedals. Is there something I can do, or is this just not a car for a tall guy? I had a similar situation in a porshe I owned, and I hated the car after 500 miles. I really love the styling, but I just can't drive it when I'm that cramped.

Moe
Cherry Hill, NJ

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
You should fit fine at "only" 6'-3" YOur viper seat slides back and forth as well as your seat back tilts. If you've tiled your seat all the way back it will cause it to NOT slide all the way back about 2". Tilt your seat back up just enough so you can slide your seat all the way back. The check to see if your pedals are adjusted so they are all the way foward. You should have PLENTY of room.

G

·
Registered
24,396 Posts
get the northwind seat lowering kit and all will be fine.

im 6'-3" as well and had the same problem till i had the dealer fix it before i picked it up...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Key item is to get a seat lowering kit. As everyone's body is a bit different, overall height is not the only qualifier. We have owners as tall as 6'8" and there is a 2 inch lowering kit. You, in all likelyhood, will need a 1 inch kit ( actually lowers it more than that ) and feel free to call me for info.

Good luck , you can get a Viper,

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
[email protected]
1-800-889-1893

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
These "too tall?" threads are more common than the "Zaino" or "which header?" threads.

Am I the only one who's penis gets in the way of the brake pedal?
Slink it over the transmission tunnel into the passenger's seat. That helped me out a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I'm 6'3 with a 36 inch length pants and when the pedals are adjusted all the way down, I fit nice in my GTS. In the SRT-10, I have the seat all the way back and pedals all the way down and its a tight fit! Def. less room in the SRT10 than the GTS. I have the most room in my Gen 1 RT/10 with whatever seat adjustment SVS made for the previous owner (who I heard was much taller than myself.) ANd it's adjustable!

-M

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
Manny_C said:
I'm 6'3 with a 36 inch length pants and when the pedals are adjusted all the way down, I fit nice in my GTS. In the SRT-10, I have the seat all the way back and pedals all the way down and its a tight fit! Def. less room in the SRT10 than the GTS. I have the most room in my Gen 1 RT/10 with whatever seat adjustment SVS made for the previous owner (who I heard was much taller than myself.) ANd it's adjustable!

-M
I know that I seem to have more room in my GTS than I had in my RT/10. I needed the seat lowering kit for the RT/10 but don't need it (though should have it) in the GTS.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
makara said:
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
These "too tall?" threads are more common than the "Zaino" or "which header?" threads.

Am I the only one who's penis gets in the way of the brake pedal?
Slink it over the transmission tunnel into the passenger's seat. That helped me out a lot.

That's what I did too Chuck,,, works wonders!!!!! /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went back to the dealer today and lowered the pedals, that did wonders, though head room is still an issue. I think lowering the seat an inch or two will do the trick. I drove the car, it's very nice and looks great. I really have my heart set on yellow, so I'm probably going to hold out unless they can make me a really sweet deal on this red one.

Thanks for all the input guys,

Moe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.