Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I came to this forum, it was already well under way with close buddies who already had their cars WAYYYY past stock.

So for you newer Viper owners like myself (March, 2004), here are the initial mods I made to my car that seem to be really worthwhile.

MGW Shift Knob - get it, don't past go, don't collect $200, just get this mod and install it in 15 mins. By far the best bang for the buck for your Viper. You'll feel so much closer to the transmission. The throw is much less exhaustive, and it makes it much easier to change the radio station without that damn stock stick bein in the way!

K&N + Smooth Tube - This mod will definitely make you feel more HP. You can now hear your car breath, it almost has that SC whine while accellerating because the mighty Viper sucks in air at a grueling pace (if you have that front hood scoop). Even at idle you'll hear the air going into the engine. This also smooths out the torque curve, making it easy to be in high gear at lower rpm, wihtout sending the passenger through the windshield.

Skip Shift Eliminator - Just get it, don't ask questions. The Viper 1-4 shift is retarded and I dont know why its included since we already pay GG tax. I have the 1-4 in my Hawk and it was livable (I still killed it through), but the Viper's is just unreasonable.

Speakers - Upgrade the hell out of the door speakers, but just forget about the center console one. I tried everying and the console sounds like shit. (RT-10) I put Boston Rally rc620 in my door (about $400). These sound great.

I haven't tried it yet, but maybe someone else knows... there is a grill mod to prevent the bottom front of your fascia from being scraped up. I'm really considering this since it is even a challenge to pull out of my own driveway, let alone travelling on pitched roads. This sounds like a worthy mod.

Well thats my start. As I add more I'll let you know if it was worth the bang for the buck.

Hope this helps on your quest of building up the baddest car ever made :nod:

·
Team Crown Recruiter
10,002 Posts
Gears, gears, gears.

Nuff said.

·
Team Crown Recruiter
10,002 Posts
GoddFadda said:
Speakers - Upgrade the hell out of the door speakers, but just forget about the center console one. I tried everying and the console sounds like shit. (RT-10) I put Boston Rally rc620 in my door (about $400). These sound great.
Focal (by JM Labs) makes a great 6" sub that fits the center console, as does Image Dynamics (I had the Image Dynamics in my 94 RT, and have the Focals in the ACR). You can get lots of bass from small, high-quality subs if you're willing to spend a few extra bucks.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
MB quart or JL audio 6.5 components work great. and as for the mid console speaker; if you do it right, it will sound good.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2MANYTOYS said:
How bout a blower or cat back exhaust, headers, or HRE wheels :nod:
Well since its my first Viper I still have to save my lunch money to afford my mods. It would take a WHOLE lotta chili to by any of those (well maybe the exhaust)

I did put the Snake Oyl rear sub assy on my car. You can find this for a pretty reasonable price, and the mod is effective in the sound dept. It removes the rear muffler under the trunk. When accelerating it really gives you more seat of the ear feel because you can hear that monster engine pullin.

The sound won't get the cops to trouble you however, since the cats & the resonators under the door (I'm talking rear exhast Vipers) still restrict the sound enough to keep it from chasing your date away.

So if you think your Viper is too quiet, this might be a worthy mod. Of course Boral & Corsa make great exhausts. Borla's web site only advertises for the GTS, which kinda pisses me off because I dont see why it would't fit the RT-10.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
initial mod(s) on a limited budget;

catback exhaust, window tint, gears, eiboch springs, and tubes/filters.

if budget was umlimited, Heffner TT /images/graemlins/drive

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
If you want bass the best thing to do is have a small enclosure built in the footwell of the passenger side with an 8' or 10' sub. Put some good mid-to-high range speakers (directional tweeters in the center) speakers in the doors, and find some great mid range speakers for the console that won't dip into the low frequencies or require an enclosure to sound good. This is probably the best solution for an open roadster.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Corsa exhaust. I was really happy with that mod (although it was mostly for ear pleasure).

Radar detector was my number 1 purchase. A well worth investment. If someone comes up with a stealth mount kit for a V1 i'd buy it -even if it's expensive.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I looked at that company. Great idea but you have to ship your car to new york to get it installed. I won't do that, i was hoping for a kit i could install myself.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
Blah. I didn't bother changing my speakers until Angus blasted the paper out of them.
You can prolly threaten to kick Angus' ass... he lives about 1 hour south of you in Bird Key /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
par said:
I looked at that company. Great idea but you have to ship your car to new york to get it installed. I won't do that, i was hoping for a kit i could install myself.
You have to ship your whole car up to NY just to get a rear view mod installed and some electronics?? Bummer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.