Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, what is considered bad in regards to A/F? ANything over 14? 15? Does it matter if it is N/A? Say for example you have a car with a NOS shot making 800 RWHP, but the A/F is 16, is this bad and if so what can happen long term?

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerome said:
16:1 and that engine is not long for this world.

Optimum a/f ratios will vary depending on the engine. Many variables with the engine will determine just what is optimum.

Lets look at one IIRC one ULEV Honda engine. These things run at around 17:1 and I have heard also as lean 19:1

It all depends........

If memory serves me, what about Tuners who set up the Vipers a/f rich saying that under speed the added air fed in thru the NACA duct will lean out the a/f ratio? Yet many say the NACA duct adds Zero extra forced air?

Riddle me this Batman, just what is optimum and what is not? No one correct answer for this question.
Well let's just talk about the V-10 since that is what this board is all about. If you're running 12-13, I would think you're safe and making that power with a bit of safety built in for any given changes, but at 16-1 I would think it is on the edge of destruction, am I wrong? /images/graemlins/confused /images/graemlins/confused

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
V10 MOJO said:
ive been told that 12.9-13.1 is optimum for NA. mid to high 11s for nitrous
What is your A/F there MOJO? And call me back, check your voice mail! :nod:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.