Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really think the performance of this kit is any better or worse than NX or others. I chose it because I wouldn't have to worry about putting nozzles into the smooth tubes. This "base" kit is rated for up to a 150 shot, but TNT said I could jet it up a little more if I felt the need to. :D

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Looks like a damn clean install. Sweet!

Although maybe they shoulda run plastic lines for better flow! :lolcry:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Dat's purty.....I'll post mine later...

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A good buddy of mine with a sharp eye (G) just noticed the pipe dope I used in the close up pic of the nozzle. I made the rookie mistake of over turning the nozzle into the plate and then it didn't want to stay horizontal after that, so I just put a little pipe dope on it to keep it in place.

called the guys up at TNT and they sent me a couple of new plates that I just haven't gotten around to putting on.

thanks for the props guys.

John

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
very clean and very neat lookin gjohn, plus racing with you ive seen what it can do and its raceproven too.

yeah, you might wanna be careful of those plastic lines i hear they dont work and are very risky. i hear that they will barely run a nine second 1320 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
That looks very SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------

I've been wanting to put a NOS system on my car.

What type or brand of NOS system is better to use with a S/C'd car?

What is the difference between Wet System and Dry System??

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
john, is there any advantage to going into the TB plate as opposed to the tube(s)??

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
some people say that? is there truth to it, has any R&D been done to refute or confirm it? im obviously still new to the nitrous world and on top of that i am running possibly the most controversial system out there, so im learinig nthings like a sponge to be properly educated overall.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Well, the throttle bodies give a little insurance if the solenoid was to stick when the car is idling. They would shield the nitrous from spraying into the intake....somewhat. Mine are drilled into the manifold, so you can see how much that affected my decision.

·
Registered
732 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
some people say that? is there truth to it, has any R&D been done to refute or confirm it? im obviously still new to the nitrous world and on top of that i am running possibly the most controversial system out there, so im learinig nthings like a sponge to be properly educated overall.

I never really looked into it, but two people told me the same thing, I think it might be the design of the viper intake. The biggest issue would be safety.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.