Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like any good person who dives a viper, the time comes when you must pay for all the burnouts and 1-2shifts. I was looking at tires and found some sizes a little larger. Will they fit.

345/35/18 Rear

285/35/18 Front.

I was hoping to get a 345/40/18 for the rear but no one makes them. Unlike most, I do drive my viper almost everyday.

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Tanked said:
Just like any good person who dives a viper, the time comes when you must pay for all the burnouts and 1-2shifts. I was looking at tires and found some sizes a little larger. Will they fit.

345/35/18 Rear

285/35/18 Front.

I was hoping to get a 345/40/18 for the rear but no one makes them. Unlike most, I do drive my viper almost everyday.
Tanked, those tires will definitely fit. The only thing to consider is that by putting the 345/35/18 tires on the back, your effective overall diameter will go from 25.9"(335/30/18) to 27.4"(335/35/18). This will be the equivalent of having a 2.90 rear end gear. It will definitely increase your top speed @ 6200 RPM redline if you have the power to do so, but otherwise, I would think you would notice a slight decrease in SOTP acceleration. Keep in mind that a change from 3.07 to 3.55 is about a 15.6% change while a 2.90 to a 3.07 is about a 5.9% change. So to put it into a nutshell, if your SOTP meter is sensitive enough, you would feel about a 37.5% decrease in acceleration compared to the increase you would feel going to a 3.55 from a 3.07.

The wider front tires will have a tendency to wander more over road imperfections. If you daily drive, maybe just get the stock sizes. Then get a different set of rears with some pilot cup sports which are still rated for the same top speed as the regular pilots AND are very close to the stock overall diameter.

P.S. Print this coupon and cash it in for a 20K Castellano single turbo system installed! :thumb:

· Registered
523 Posts
Excellent information above but I'll throw in a few points.

1. If your Viper is driven daily be aware that the Pilot Sport Cups come with a tread depth almost half of OEM Sports and the tread compound is completely different. I've heard they grip like velcro but only last 4 or 5K miles.

2. Good luck finding the Sports in 345/35/18. I found a Belle tire here locally that wants $400 each and said they are the only 4 his company has.

3. Maybe consider the Khumos.

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did a search on tirerack.com, I'd love to have the sport cups, but...um...the wife would not like me putting new tires on 2 times a year. I've had the car a month and put close to 4kmi on it. I'm sure in the winter I'll be driving my Zuki. I wish I could go with sport cups, but being my car is 100% stock and street driven, I doubt that I need that type of tire.

I talked about the 345/35/18's on the rear because I want to get rid of that damn finder gap...That's the one thing I cant stand about this car. So I lower it .5" and put on some 335/40/18 or a 345/40/18, that would be perfect. I did a search and nobody makes a tire in that size. Any ideas?

· Registered
523 Posts
You asking what can't be solved with your rims. ACR? Sell me your rims and upgrade to 19", look up tire diameters on Pilot sports in 19" that will fit your preference. Look up the Michelin chart on their website for dimensions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.