Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious to know what psi I should run in the tires. I am racing at this track here.. http://www.autocourse.ca/circuits/steustache.html

Pretty excited. We should run over 300 miles in 2 days. I think this is alot. It will be my first time on the track. I got some PM's from the elite racers on the board here, so I have been prepped. It is just the tire pressure I don't know. The instructor says to use 40. I said we should run 29 psi for these tires.

What do you think?

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Are you running Michelins? I start with 34/front and 32/back and adjust as necessary.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
What Chuck said - and be sure and check them after every session. They heat up fast and need to fine tuned throughout the day. Even moreso if its hot out or the outside temp changes a lot from morning to afternoon.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I think the Cones go with 33 front, 30 rear, but I might not be remembering correctly.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
Are you running Michelins? I start with 34/front and 32/back and adjust as necessary.
that's right Chuck, the pilots. I will use your setup...

thanks for the responses.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I always seem to end up with the pressures Slaughter listed -- 33/30, but I usually start out a little high (34/33 the last time, as I recall).

300 miles in 2 days will be a lot of fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts