Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A Luxury Once Sampled...
18,788 Posts
03Redfire Cobra said:
Who is the guy in the Blue?
The caption to the pic says it's Esquires Jonathan Green...

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Wow, I never knew a stock GenII only had 399 hp, or that the stock top speed is 165mph. Hmmm /images/graemlins/headscratch

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Hard to tell from the pic. Presumably a rear tire John?? Glad you are safe!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
John
I could not pull the article, when did this take place? Is this new or something that happened sometime ago?

Was that the Silver State and the guy was from Esquire European? What did he do once you stopped other than pray?

Michelin pilots, what was your tire pressure? What pressure do the Michelin engineers suggest when you run 197mph.

Rohn

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
john, im doing the SSCC in sept; are you doing it this yr??

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Its european I believe - hence the "Chrysler Viper" and 399 hp. I thought the euro vipers were more like 415 though.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guy who wrote the story was brave (dumb) enough to ride shotgun on this deal. He wrote the story back in 2000. Since he is a brit, he made the comparison to the stock euro spec Viper which has a very restrictive exhaust and was only rated to 399 hp bs the US 450 hp.

Mojo - I ran in about 15 open road races from 91 - 00. I would like to go back and run again sometime if I have the time - it takes up about a week of your time.

Rohn - you always have so many questions for me. Thanks for thinking of me. The guy who wrote the story was from England - but I dont know if there is a seperate magazine for Europe or the US? I always say a prayer right before a race. The tire pressure question is a long answer for later, but the short answer for now is that anyone who runs for top speed needs to air their tires to the maximum cold rated pressure. I sent that tire to Michelin for them to inspect - they were very kind and sent me a replacement free of charge. If you want to know more about high speed tire issues, do a search on "sonic wave effect". How is the SSR coming along? We got an SSR TT project in the works when we get time to work on it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
John
All the questions are for the book "Famous people in the world of speed".

Getbit
As I understand there are several SSR projects under way. You might figure that John will TT the first SSR. Give john a car, any car and another TT is on the road.
My SSR will be light weight compared to some of the other projects, heads, cam.

Rohn

·
Irredeemable
9,343 Posts
I heard about your SSR PROJECT, Rohn. Awesome. Can't wait to see it run!
Not a bad deal considering the price you paid for it, too!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Getbit
Was a great deal and with the work by RSI, another fun vehicle.

Question
2003 Denali like yours or close to loaded should sell or be bought for how much. My son has tired of his 03 BMW and wants something with room. We have been looking at the 04 yukon

Rohn

·
Irredeemable
9,343 Posts
They can be bought behind dealer cost of course. A good person to deal with is on this board. BigCarrot or Crockett (William Gambrel) works for Sewell in Dallas and will cut you one hell of a deal. PM me for his contact info!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts