Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Times Vipers run at Thunderhill 3 mile course

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Brad00GTS 
#1 ·
What kind of times are the Vipers throwing down at Thunderhill in California on the 3 mile course?

#4 ·
Damn he was mov'n!

I was just curious.. One of our Spec Racers will be running in t he 25 hour enduro. They also had a recent get together at Thunderhill track. They were pulling times from 2:04 to 2:06.

I heard the 25 hour race is brutal. I hope our Spec Racer completes the race without mech problems. Not sure if it will be in the EO or ES class yet.

#5 ·
The enduro is brutal. They've just made some changes to the track though to make it a bit safer. The hill on the inside of 3 has been knocked down from what I've heard. Cars tend to get flipped and roll there.

Its probably my favorite track though. The elevation changes are awesome, they're are some fast turns (esp turn 1), and its long.

#6 ·
I like the look of the Panoz GTS. I don't know too much about Panoz but they got to be quick being lightweight with a Ford 351. What does it run to aquire a Panoz GTS?

#7 ·
You can get 'em new from Panoz for like $50K. Or, you can buy one used for a whole hell of a lot less, like $30K or so I think. I was driving a friends, cause I have 6 friends who all have them. Its a cool option for a racecar. The body panels are molded ABS, the front clip comes right off, etc. etc.

To give you an idea how they run, the fast Panoz guys are in the 1:59 range at T-Hill. If you were to put a stroker in one it would be wicked fast, they're just down a little HP on the straights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.