Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only three weeks to go for the second American Super Car Challenge (ASCC).

Looks like we will have our biggest car count so far.

Heads up drag racing on index classes for Vipers and Vettes only.

Classes are:

UNLIMITED

You must meet safety requirements for your ET. NO ROLL BAR in 12.50 or 11.50 class needed.

More info www.rollingthunderz.com/ascc.html

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Joseph....have you posted this on the Ga. Vette forum ?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
i would think just go thru tech at start of day with a safe time thatll tech you OK and run that during day then come elims run what you want, they arent gonna catch u.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you mean peachstateposse.com, yes Joseph did post there and it has genrated another two Vette entries.

Come on guys if you don't bring your Vipers, how will I be convinced to buy one?

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
REDGAR said:
If you mean peachstateposse.com, yes Joseph did post there and it has genrated another two Vette entries.

Come on guys if you don't bring your Vipers, how will I be convinced to buy one?
I'm up for it. Tell me a class I can run at any et with a p/a car and no
rollbar ?????????

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
So I can run any class at ASCC and not have to be legal......cool. That was a serious question. With the rules as they are now and also fitting the "legal" rules then there is not a class. Is that right ?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry Tony, I thought you were using sarcasm.

No there is no class that will let you run without meeting the basic safety requirements for your ET, based on what I see in your signature, of 9.55.

If you have a roll bar, you are good to 9.99 and you can put yourself into the 10.50 class and you would have to slow yourself down a full second to (based on your best et) to compete. I am not familiar with how the superchargers work but if you could detune a full second, you are good.

If not, then you can petition to have rules changed

I see in your sig you install superchargers, maybe you can pass along the word to your customers at would be closer to the 10.50 class.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
REDGAR said:
Sorry Tony, I thought you were using sarcasm.
Understood....I have been known to do that :rofl: I am willing to slow down to any et. just to play, but just having the s/c will not allow me to run a slower class than the 11.50 break out (n/a class)......and I can't run faster without a bar. I'm just looking for a place at any et.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tony I think I understand your problem. You have no bar and do have a supercharger but you are willing to slow down to 11.50 to run with no bar but cannot (or will not as I wouldn't either) remove the supercharger. If this is right, you can plea you case to Ned and maybe he can make and exception if you accept some kind of weight penalty (which will likely help you slow down anyway). How feasible is running 11.50s with the supercharger?

Martin, I have like the Viper since I first laid eyes on them. They just always seemed out of the price range. Now that that I have all the money in my Vette, I could have gotten a Viper but I am too far down the road with the Vette. Maybe if I win a National Championship this year in the NSCA EFI class I can stop racing the Vette and get into a Viper. Of course the more exposed I get, the more likely that becomes.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
REDGAR said:
Tony I think I understand your problem. You have no bar and do have a supercharger but you are willing to slow down to 11.50 to run with no bar but cannot (or will not as I wouldn't either) remove the supercharger. If this is right, you can plea you case to Ned and maybe he can make and exception if you accept some kind of weight penalty (which will likely help you slow down anyway). How feasible is running 11.50s with the supercharger?
That's the deal. If I change pulleys and granny shift, pull out a lot of timing and make it pig rich, I should be right in the eat a donut and drink coffee while on the drag pass range :rofl:

How many of the Vettes are autos ? Those would be the hard ones to beat :nod:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are only two guys that have attended most races. Me, with an auto and Jerry Land with a six speed. I run 11.50 class and Jerry 10.50.

There have been others but I would say the mix is close to 50/50 for 6 speed and autos.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Did Ned find out anything on the 10.50 no bar thing ?? I need to make plans now.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Talked to Ned last night and he said you will be making the trip Tony.

Nothing new on 10.50 but you got a meetable weight penalty.

I told him I wanted him to do what he could to get you to join us.

Look forward to meeting you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.