Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

Hi Viper Bro's...........
Here's a quick story that you all may find amusing! I decided to buy a GTS and sell my old faithful '93 RT/10....so, I put an ad in the local paper and waited by the phone. Hey, it rang!! Spoke to a reasonably intellegent sounding dude, and made an appointment for him to see it the following morning. He showed up a bit early, in a 6 series BMW, sucking on a Mocha Mike's coffee. He wasn't even out of his car yet, when he asked me "Hey, how firm are ya on the $39,900 price?" My answer, "REAL FIRM"!!! (Mind ya, this is a gorgeous car!!) Well, he walks around it, acting like he knows something about Vipers. When suddenly, he blurts out...."Hey, this thing's got a standard transmission!!!" Can ya believe this guy? And then, it even got better.....he asked me where the exterior door handles are hidden, and where the power window switches are!! Well believe me, I was sure NOT to offer this bozo a test drive!! I fired it up for him, he said he liked it, and that he'd call me back tomorrow with an offer. I told him that if he wanted it, his offer would have to be my asking price.
Ya know, it seems that the world and everyone it gets STUPIDER every day! How do some people get thru life? Lately, I seem to be an "asshole magnet" /images/graemlins/moon3
Later, Bro's!!
 

·
Focus!
Joined
·
5,585 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

RT/10-Retired said:
Hi Viper Bro's...........
Here's a quick story that you all may find amusing! I decided to buy a GTS and sell my old faithful '93 RT/10....so, I put an ad in the local paper and waited by the phone. Hey, it rang!! Spoke to a reasonably intellegent sounding dude, and made an appointment for him to see it the following morning. He showed up a bit early, in a 6 series BMW, sucking on a Mocha Mike's coffee. He wasn't even out of his car yet, when he asked me "Hey, how firm are ya on the $39,900 price?" My answer, "REAL FIRM"!!! (Mind ya, this is a gorgeous car!!) Well, he walks around it, acting like he knows something about Vipers. When suddenly, he blurts out...."Hey, this thing's got a standard transmission!!!" Can ya believe this guy? And then, it even got better.....he asked me where the exterior door handles are hidden, and where the power window switches are!! Well believe me, I was sure NOT to offer this bozo a test drive!! I fired it up for him, he said he liked it, and that he'd call me back tomorrow with an offer. I told him that if he wanted it, his offer would have to be my asking price.
Ya know, it seems that the world and everyone it gets STUPIDER every day! How do some people get thru life? Lately, I seem to be an "asshole magnet" /images/graemlins/moon3
Later, Bro's!!
LOL - funny story.. What's really great is to go to a place where a Viper is being sold by someone that really knows nothing about it and grill them.

"Hey has this car ever been tracked?" "I don't think so, no!" THen look at the yellow tint on the calipers and let them know that it probably has. The looks you get..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,595 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

Should have told him the door handles fell off. :arcade:

Good luck with selling it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,471 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

shoulda punched him in the face. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,999 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

Craig201MPH said:
shoulda punched him in the face. :)
:lolcry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
776 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

When I was selling my 97 RT/10 I had some clowns ask if it was manual or automatic.

I told them I would get back to them later. :doh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

Hey Jerome...............You're not gonna let that Vette jerk off the hook, are ya?? YooDaMan, Jer!!
But seriously folks..........you and I sure think alike!! (just not very much)
ArhArh!!!!

Denny
 

·
Banned Since 2003
Joined
·
17,762 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

So was it a stick or auto? Geez you guys...dont leave me hangin here.

What IS with those door handles anyway, did they fall off?

:dumbass:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

Hey Toby...........
I told this whackoff that all Vipers manufactured with factory security systems have the door handles re-located to the INSIDE of the car for added security!! He just sort of looked at me and drank his coffee!!
Denny
 

·
Banned Since 2003
Joined
·
17,762 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

RT/10-Retired said:
Hey Toby...........
I told this whackoff that all Vipers manufactured with factory security systems have the door handles re-located to the INSIDE of the car for added security!! He just sort of looked at me and drank his coffee!!
Denny
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,999 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

ok ok, all kidding aside. where were the power window switches? i have an '01 GTS, and mine are right below my stereo. are they different on the genI?





























:leaving:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,471 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

RedSnakeGTS said:
ok ok, all kidding aside. where were the power window switches? i have an '01 GTS, and mine are right below my stereo. are they different on the genI?

:leaving:
They are located on the hood right beside the speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

Are you sure you know your cars either? He must have been driving one OLD ASS Bimmer or he's got some connections at BMW directly to be driving a 6 series as the new ones have not come out yet. :leaving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

RedSnakeGTS said:
ok ok, all kidding aside. where were the power window switches? i have an '01 GTS, and mine are right below my stereo. are they different on the genI?
Windows.. Bah. If you need windows so bad go buy yourself a Neon!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

I sold my 94 RT/10 a few weeks ago. The first guy to come look at the car came to look at it for his brother who was out of state. We talked about the car for about 10 mins, I fired it up to show him how it sounded, etc. Finally he says he wants to go test drive it by himself. I tell him I would need to go with him. He says he will leave his keys with me. I tell him I really need to go with him. He then says something like, "Look, I want to take it down to a mechanic, and I don't want you around when I am asking the questions." I tell him in as nice a way as possible that the car isn't going anywhere without me in it, and if he wants to drive it over to a local mechanic, I would be more than happy to step out of the car when we got there and go have a seat while he asked all the questions he wanted. He gets pissed and tells me I must not want to sell the car and gets in his car to leave. I start closing up the car at this point and let him leave. Before he gets out of the driveway with is car, he stops and comes back and says, "Fine, but I don't want you to say anything." At this point, I almost told him 'no thanks' but damn it, he already wasted my Saturday morning, so I went with it. He test drove the car and had it checked out, said he would tell his brother to buy it, as it was in great shape and better than he thought it would be, but then ultimately never bought it -- bitch. I stayed firm on my price as well after half a dozen calls low balling me from various people, and finally a nice guy that used to own a Cobra flew in from Norther Cali to check it out, put a deposit on it, and then picked it up the following week.

Manny
 

·
Focus!
Joined
·
5,585 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

RedSnakeGTS said:
ok ok, all kidding aside. where were the power window switches? i have an '01 GTS, and mine are right below my stereo. are they different on the genI?

:leaving:
:slap: Eric - Gen I's don't have power windows or windows at all. They have snap-in side curtains or sliding windows depending if you get them from Mopar or V-Mania.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

Hey Rollmodel...........
Yes...I know my cars....but only the ones that I give a damn about. The Bimmer was a very nice 633csi coupe, beautifully done. Seems ashame that it was being driven by such a weiner-head!! He seemed more interested in my 427 Cobra anyway......He just doesn't fit the "Viper Mold" Denny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
Re: This clown came to look at my \"Viper for Sale\" today....get this!!

Good story. Must have been a vette owner... /images/graemlins/ar15firing.gif
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top