Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been thinking of selling my Viper. I guess its come to a point that Ive gotten used to the high horsepower, and Im constantly flipping through the DuPont Registry in search of something else. I guess its just time for a change. Although I havent decided on what I want to replace the viper with, I figured I would jumpstart the process by putting my car up for sale.

My car is a Red 1999 GTS with Connelly leather. It is one of three cars made that year with this interior/exterior combintation. The interior and exterior are in PERFECT condition. Before my standard warranty ran out, I had my vipertech (who I was good friends with) replace most of the interior panels and seat covers....so the car actually still has a "new car smell". The paint is flawless. You can ask many of the guys who have seen the cars (redsnakeGTS, Anthony98gts, KingGTS, etc) The paint is super clean. Although the car does have 24K miles I would challenge anyone to find a cleaner GTS with even 3K miles. The car does come with All the modifications. The 19" Full Chrome HRE 546's, The four-wheel Stoptech big brake system, the Heffner 900 SCI supercharger system as well as a list of accessories that goes on for days. There is well over $40K invested in upgrades alone. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
Re: Thinking of Selling my Viper

I think the fever is spreading. Add another Red GTS to the classified section.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

Vipersuck got to you and your going with a F-body right? They're faster than Vipers after all. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Here is a pic taken this morning under flourscent light (which is said to show all flaws):

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pfe2ab346fd33c0c381a7c602725abecc/f8bab8d8.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pc06fe53058679262844809ef4384e54a/f8bab8c7.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pefe2c9bda784357e17761c5248e1bfe8/f8bab8e3.jpg[/image]

Here are some other shots:

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/pc0d42fc7b94ca38801074d8f13f4eaa2/f9448c0d.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p719e531ded63f05569a695f38c5b5ea3/f94b1a84.jpg[/image]

On its way to putting down 775rwhp and 764 rwtq:
[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p2ddcc91e545659192a2627ac84d62333/fbdd3cb5.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p6db7d3278f1970a6c29106e66751b9d5/fbdd3cd3.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p5601d3eb47368eb52cd560c24414a01c/fc8d1d25.jpg[/image]

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts

What are you going to buy?

Edit: Duh. I didn't read your post thoroughly. Trying again: what are the various things that interest you?

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well right now I have a Bentley Continental GT on order...but then I think I'll get bored of that within 2 months. Thats on one end of the spectrum. On the other end, Im still entertaining the idea of a kit car cobra...but then its a kit car. Thinking of waiting to see if there will be a new viper coupe,..but then I wonder why the hell am I selling mine? So then I think Ferrari, and realize how bored I was with the 355, and the 360 is slow. 575 isnt even as fast as a stock viper.....so then its just back to wondering what I want. For now I think Im going to plow the money into some real estate investments, and then when I decide, i'll go buy something else. But Im THINKING that $69,900 for my car is an extremely fair price considering the high 90's that some of these tuner cars have been selling for lately.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

Smokin is building an autocross miata

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

Smokin
I might have someone that is interested but they would have to run the Viper through a dyno of there choice and have you run the car down the track 2 or 3 times. They are interested in a clean S/C car with mega HP and able to run a decent QT. mile time. They have slicks and skinnys if you are interested.
If interested let me know and I will pass this information to my friend.
Last, the price will also play a factor.
Rohn

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Rohn,
Id be happy to have the car dynoed. However, I wont drag race the car and beat on it for someone who "might" be interested. Im not trying to be cocky or disrespectful to your friend, but I do want this car in perfect condition for a sale. Right now, the car is so stinkin pristine that there isnt even a tiny bit of dirt in the wheel wells. I shudder to even think of pulling off the wheels to re-clean every bit after smokey burnouts on slicks and skinnies. I am guessing that most people who would be interested in the car do know Jason Heffner's work. They know the kind of product he builds. If I were to guess on 1/4 ET Id say low 10's at high 130s would be in order. Whowever purchases this car is welcome to beat on it all they want. Car has the Unitrax Titanium Halfshafts and can take the dragstrip beatings. I just need to have my cashiers check in hand and he could burn it to the ground if that got his/her rocks off. But until then, Its gotta stay clean. Shit the ONLY time its EVER been in the rain was getting caught in it driving between John Hennessey's shop and RSI. I put the car on jackstands IMMEDIATELY after that and cleaned every inch underneath the car. The quality of the car and how well it is taken care of should speak for itself. For those concerned about basic Knick nacks on the car, its still under the Dodge Maxcare 7 year 70K mile extended warranty. (just dont mention the mods /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif)

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

Beautiful car, Jason. Good luck with the sale.

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts

You are in a tough position, Jason, because there ain't much that would equal your car. Are you sure you won't miss it if you sell it?

·
Registered
6,989 Posts

Schillinger said:
You are in a tough position, Jason, because there ain't much that would equal your car. Are you sure you won't miss it if you sell it?
Exactly - we just went through this a few months ago and it seemed settled. Probably worth re-reading the posts there rather than beating it to death here again.

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I know ill miss it if I sell it, but at the same time, I do have it now and Im bored of it. Its kind of a catch 22. Its gorgeous to look at, and I have a blast when I take it out. Thing is, at the end of the day, i no longer have the same passion for it the way I used to when I first got it. Youre right, Ive been "wishy washy" on this for a while now and thats probably why I still cant decide what I want to replace the car with. Now if it was possible to get a Ford GT, that would be the car, but its too hard to get at least for now.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

Jason, Good luck with your sale ! I think a GT 40 would be a nice choice /images/graemlins/smiles

:cheers:

Jeff

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Yellow Fever said:
Jason, Good luck with your sale ! I think a GT 40 would be a nice choice /images/graemlins/smiles

:cheers:

Jeff
I was watching a show on the Speed Channel late Sunday Night on the new Ford GT...and watching that car was like the first time I saw the Viper. Thing is bad to the bone.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts

Smokin said:
Well right now I have a Bentley Continental GT on order...but then I think I'll get bored of that within 2 months. Thats on one end of the spectrum. On the other end, Im still entertaining the idea of a kit car cobra...but then its a kit car. Thinking of waiting to see if there will be a new viper coupe,..but then I wonder why the hell am I selling mine? So then I think Ferrari, and realize how bored I was with the 355, and the 360 is slow. 575 isnt even as fast as a stock viper.....so then its just back to wondering what I want. For now I think Im going to plow the money into some real estate investments, and then when I decide, i'll go buy something else. But Im THINKING that $69,900 for my car is an extremely fair price considering the high 90's that some of these tuner cars have been selling for lately.
Are you kidding me 70k /images/graemlins/shocked /images/graemlins/shocked Dude you need to be asking 80k for that beauty and settling for no less than 75K :nod: You have one sweet ride and you will miss it, like I miss mine /images/graemlins/bawling /images/graemlins/bawling

·
Registered
6,989 Posts

Smokin said:
I know ill miss it if I sell it, but at the same time, I do have it now and Im bored of it. Its kind of a catch 22. Its gorgeous to look at, and I have a blast when I take it out. Thing is, at the end of the day, i no longer have the same passion for it the way I used to when I first got it. Youre right, Ive been "wishy washy" on this for a while now and thats probably why I still cant decide what I want to replace the car with. Now if it was possible to get a Ford GT, that would be the car, but its too hard to get at least for now.
Why not just keep it and enjoy it for the next year, and within that time you'll know if the new Viper coupe will be coming out in a reasonable time (i.e., VOI8 and Detroit Auto Show will have passed).

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

I watched the GT40 program as well. It was nice to watch them beat the Ferrari around the track!!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts