Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting around bored and began pondering....

Will anyone break 160 mph before we hit the 170's? It is easier to gain mph in the 150's than the 160's but we're actually closer to 170 than anyone has ever been to 160. And we have a lot left in the combo. I'm betting on Team Heffner on this one.

Will anyone break into the 8's before we break into the SEVENS? (current racers, not to take anything away from our pioneers Terry and John :bowdown: ) With a full interior street car including a big damn stereo. There are several who have about half a second to go and Brian's car has been within 3 tenths but it is much farther away than it sounds. Tenths become increasingly more difficult. And Brian is driving his own car next year so it may take a while to ramp up, especially with nitrous on top of the blower. We, on the other hand, have a LONG way to go to get to the sevens. The difference, there is already a solid plan in place to get there and the Team to do it. Again, I like our chances.

So there you have it, I predict we run in the sevens and break 170 before anyone else runs in the eights or breaks 160. :thumb: How about you? :rofl:

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
That's assuming the same 60 foot time and MPH. If he can improve his 60 foot time and MPH at the end of the 1/4 mile he won't need that much more HP.

Also I think his car weighs more than 3500 pounds at race weight (which actually makes things worse).

FE065 said:
One online calculator says it'll take 431hp more to make a 3500hp car go from 8.75 to 7.99..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
With a 1.36 60' time, I'd think there isn't much left to be found in the 60' time.

Especially with chassis and slick limitations.

It's gonna take some major HP.

- There was a recent C&D article about a 13Xmph Prius at Bonneville. That little eco car picked up over 3mph just by taping over the lower grill.

Time for some aero work :)

http://www.up22.com/Aerodynamics.htm

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
Did someone calculate in @ 8.75 on a run, the throttle was let off twice and turbos had to re spool up. Where as a 7.99 run throttle will be to the floor the entire time and turbo will never re spool,just boost the entire run. I do not think there is a calculation for that.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
FE065 said:
One online calculator says it'll take 431hp more to make a 3500hp car go from 8.75 to 7.99..

The extra 400 hp is not a problem. One thing that you left out of the equation is that the 8.75 was with a six speed and the 7.xx will be with an auto. Let's sat that the car would conservatively go 8.35 with an auto, then what would it take to go 7's?

Maybe we should start a pool on whether Chad will run 7's or not. Anybody in?

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
No way it will happen this year :dance:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm with Tony. THERE IS NO WAY WE WILL RUN SEVENS THIS YEAR! You heard it here first.

I realistically think it will take until next March, 2005. :smooch: :lolcry:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
THE CHAD said:
So I'm sitting around bored and began pondering....

Will anyone break 160 mph before we hit the 170's? It is easier to gain mph in the 150's than the 160's but we're actually closer to 170 than anyone has ever been to 160. And we have a lot left in the combo. I'm betting on Team Heffner on this one.

Will anyone break into the 8's before we break into the SEVENS? (current racers, not to take anything away from our pioneers Terry and John :bowdown: ) With a full interior street car including a big damn stereo. There are several who have about half a second to go and Brian's car has been within 3 tenths but it is much farther away than it sounds. Tenths become increasingly more difficult. And Brian is driving his own car next year so it may take a while to ramp up, especially with nitrous on top of the blower. We, on the other hand, have a LONG way to go to get to the sevens. The difference, there is already a solid plan in place to get there and the Team to do it. Again, I like our chances.

So there you have it, I predict we run in the sevens and break 170 before anyone else runs in the eights or breaks 160. :thumb: How about you? :rofl:

Who said anything about getting some Nitrous added????
:drive:

Guys it's all about (a)money - how much you willing to spend, (b) - how serious you are about racing, (c)- how you set the car up (driveline), (d)- who you get that specializes in each area to help with your setup.

Chad and Heffner obviously did all these things and deserve the credit. It's not that anyone else can't do it, because they can it's just a matter of time and the right customer stepping up and wanting it as bad as Chad and Heffner does.

I predict there will be some very serious competition in the near future. :smoker:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.