Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
DC needs to take a lesson from Ferrari.

You build the ultimate car then just when you think..."no way, can they top that" they blow everybody away with a new car/design.

Would I still like to own a new coupe...yes. Would I take one over a 01/02 GTS...no.

DC screwed the pooch.

·
Registered
33,838 Posts
Slow Eddie said:
..... was design the comp coupe. Next to that car the new viper just doesn't cut it. Had that car never existed I'm sure we would like the new coupe a lot more.

Eddie
Personally, I never really was thrilled with the looks of the comp coupe. To me, the roof looks chopped in comparison to the beltline. Having said that, when the Stratamaro came out, the comp coupe didn't look half as bade to me.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The Comp Coupe was never really delved into , as it has inherent design flaws for a legimate street car. With changes in pavement, on the normal road, the long low tail was very likely destined to drag and hit ( reports even have a few Comp Coupes dragging the rear diffusers at some tracks ). There also were questions on ability to meet bumper standards, and the need to reach a government mandated standard height also was felt to make the car look odd. I have always liked the look of the coupe as a RaceCar, but for the street, the slab sides did not appeal to me. Either way , it seems the general , non-Viper public, really likes the new look. Change is tough when you already own a Super Model, ha. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.