Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to make my car sound good? My previous car (03 Cobra) sounded f'ing mean all the time, but the viper sounds horrible. I want my car to have a deeper and much louder sound.

Are there sound clips of different peoples exhaust setups?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I left the cats on mine and put on a set of 4" Dynomax bullets. It sounds mean as hell. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
High flow cats & Corsa cat back did the trick for me. I like the way the Borlas sound too but it is louder at idle I think. You can hear the corsa's on their website. Also, do a search. This horse has been beaten pretty well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wild cam, blower, B&B headers and exhaust, no cats, and straight through racing type mufflers makes an awesome sound.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
term said:
Is there any way to make my car sound good? My previous car (03 Cobra) sounded f'ing mean all the time, but the viper sounds horrible. I want my car to have a deeper and much louder sound.

Are there sound clips of different peoples exhaust setups?
cant compare the V10 and that V8. The V10 has a diffrent firing order, and no "x" pipe.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
I've got vid of lots of awesome sounding Vipers at the V10 Nats in BG. The best is 1Tony1's sitting at the line and rumbling at idle. I'll dig it out and post it tonight.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
You're only hearing 5 cylinders. Even firing order, or is it odd? Anyway, your only hearing a 5 cylinder engine.. X pipe will help alot, remove rear muffler and get high flow cats or cat back exhaust. There are some niiiiice sounding vipers out there.

G

·
Registered
23,316 Posts
my X pipe helped a lot but it still is lacking compared to a V8....

stock they sound like a 6 Cylinder Dump truck....lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey who wants to host a clip of my top fuel sounding Roller cam at idle???? I have a 25 second file on my PDA. But I do not know how to post it.

Regards,

·
Registered
93 Posts
MINE HAS A KILLLLLLEEERR SOUND....I have Belanger Headers with no Cats and Belanger cat back.....When its at idle, SICK, when it takes off NASTY

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
Headers and cat back exhaust did the trick for me. My 94 sounded the best though with the 3" sidepipes. That car sounded awesome. The only trouble was the constand sound from just below you. I like it better now having the rear exhaust. Hennesey headers and pipes on the ACR now.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
heads/cam, belanger headers, hiflo cats, corsa exhaust. sounds excellent

·
Registered
323 Posts
A Viper V10 will never sound like a Ford V8, no matter what you do it. A 'stang V8 makes the best sounding exhaust note IMO, if set up right. You probably want something loud. If so, don't go with Corsa catback because it's too civilized. Get headers (belanger or B&B), hi-flow cats (straight pipes better), and at least a borla cat-back. Or you can go all straight pipes from the headers back (no cats and no mufflers) with cross overs. With any of these set ups, you will like how your car will idle (lumpy cam), and how your car will sound at WOT.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Cut off the mufflers and cats, and drive it.
Spend the money you save on new tires and brakes.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
V8 mustangs are arguably one of the best sounding performance cars around.....no matter what the year...they all seem to sound so sweet, even from the factory. I'm not really a ford guy either, but I'll attest to a sweet sounding car when I hear one!

Hell, even some of the old 5.0 mustangs had shorty style headers from the factory!! And they got true duals from the factory as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts