Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrive at Larry Macedo's shop and I seen a beautiful car! Blue and white stripes. Incredibly clean! I was even more impressed by the fact that it was Blown GTS. He was here to compete. I even talked to the guys that tuned it. after they dynoed the car it made 798 RWHP. all they could say is how bad the dyno was. How they was missing over 100 rwhp. they was upset with the dyno number. I pulled my car on the dyno and they pulled at least 5-6 times with no numbers accounted for. (dyno Problems) I told larry to forget about it but they said it was worked out and it pulled 913 RWHP with a perfect air fuel ratio. Blown GTS we pulled on the same dyno the same day. why would your numbers drop and mine go up?? I do not know? I did not pull the car again for obvious reasons. 1. I do not pull my car on a dyno over and over again with-out my tuner present. 2. I have to run the event in Bradenton and it is time to go! Sorry you got out pulled. (Youbased your facts on my car from the last pull which was with a new loose belt.)

Now understand something here: I NEVER insulted you or your car! THe only thing i told you was you needed more fuel early in your build process! you in fact added fuel. I believed your car to be true in which it is a fine tuned machine. However your tuner and your attitude concerning this issue defeates the hard work you put into your fast car.

Now, for my car is concern. $25000.00 cash you come to inspect my car and if you find any trace of MEthonal I will give you my car and the $25,000.00 cash! if you do not find it you will pay the V-10 Nationals series a $25,000.00 prize purse for the rest of the series of 2004! you know for a fact so this should be no problem!

As for the race, your guy came up to me during award presentations and wanted to run after the race. I told him I was busy and That my rear was slipping. (only one wheel spinning) this action again only proves the fact that your crew has no class.

As for the street tire shoot-out. this event is set up by sponsors and for people who are owner drivers only. this is to keep the playing field fair. your tuner Kevin falsely signed your title and your name. this sir is a complete lack of integrity! you should be ashamed because he did this not defending your car. they could have test n tuned all day saturday to prepare for the event. this is why they lost their class. they was too busy starting trouble. I have no respect or have no desire for people like your tuner and by your actions on this board today to be a part of the V-10 Nationals. Cheating needs to be dealt with to prevent others from destroying what is becoming the best event in the VIper world. You could have used this series to prove your case. Instead you chose to run your mouth and allow your tuner to cheat! therefore you are Disqualified from the 2004 V-10 Nationals Racing series! Congrats! Cheating will not be tollerated! niether will those who objectives is only to spoil the event for others.

Now, about the Methonal I am serious!

I came in third in the fastest class. You finished where in the 2nd fastest class? I ran a 9.63 with several 9 second passes to back it up. I own my car and I learned to drive it. Maybe I will let Albert or SW drive it to even faster but as for now, I have you covered!

So I guess you can officially show off your fast Viper at Corvette events!

WIth the exception of your crew this event was by far the best yet!

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts
I pose the question that I raised earlier: did his bending of the rules cause anyone to lose any prize money? If not, why freak out over it? It was certainly poor form, but if it is of no real consequence, why the drama? Just amend the rules for next time. If it did cause him to take home some money, that would be different.

Signed,

Hair-Splitting Lawyer

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Sounds like the good Dr is putting his Money were his mouth is..Lets see if Mr BlownGTS steps up to the plate .

Something tells me Matt will respond with his usual "I have nothing to prove here " /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Good on ya David :thumb:

:cheers:

Jeff

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
I say , give them a chance to run again , if they play by the series rules. In most race series we have a probation/warning first , then face a possible ban. Due to the fact that it is your series and he was competing against you then emotions come into play,(of course). I have been warned , black flagged , caught skirting the rules many times racing motorcycles . Once I faced being banned I cleaned up my act. We don't have too many supercharged Vipers in this world , so eliminating one cuts your entries by one. There are many acts in racing that are not a "class act" , but they still run hard just the same. Hey , you caught them bending the rules to the point of breaking , so smack them on the hand , give them probation and send them to the back of the grid. See if you can stand back as an official and look at the whole picture. Remember to some racers , winning is everything. Spray....... :twocents:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Forget the disqualify bullshit, call him out on the next event. This was the first event, I'm sure round two is going to be more exciting. So let's move on, he didn't take away anyones prize money.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The thing is they wasn't racing against me! this decision has nothing to due with me. It has everything to do with the fact they cheated by Lying and Falsely Signing a title to cheat! this is beyond bending the rules! They have shown no true apology. Just a fact they are sorry they got called!

They came with everything to gain. (In which they could have, but they played their cards wrong) so they left with everything lost!

·
Enlightened
28,762 Posts
So cheating is only a bad thing if you win? Come on, Sch, everyone pays a price when someone cheats. Someone could have placed higher, run sooner or whatever because someone played by their own rules while everyone else played it legit.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Dr Roof said:
The thing is they wasn't racing against me! this decision has nothing to due with me. It has everything to do with the fact they cheated by Lying and Falsely Signing a title to cheat! this is beyond bending the rules! They have shown no true apology. Just a fact they are sorry they got called!

They came with everything to gain. (In which they could have, but they played their cards wrong) so they left with everything lost!
From what I have read it seems that there is a HUGE amount of hard work and pride involved here. Also rules are made to be followed and broken , so a warning should be at least considered. You could take a poll among participants.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Dr. Roof has worked long and hard getting this together when no others would step up. He still has a long road in front of him and to make this work he has to take a stance.
Maybe in a day or 2 he can work out something like a one race suspension, a fine or, but if it is for the entire 2004 year then lesson learned.
Roof is in charge unless someone else can do what only he has been able to accomplish to date and I don't think others can.

David, Great race, great race even from last place but I want it re-ran, start it over.lol
GREAT JOB, Thanks for all of the time and care that you have put into this series.

Rohn

·
Enlightened
28,762 Posts
> You could take a poll among participants.

Do you plan to contact all the participants yourself and conduct this time consuming poll? :rolleyes:

The advantage to running the show is being able to call the shots.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The only thing "wrong" with my Dynojet 224X is the pendant that activates the "sampling" of each dyno run made. If my dyno were "off" 100rwhp, then my cars are making some "EXTRORDINARY" horsepower. I checked my dyno with a similar Dynojet 248 and we were within a few horsepower and torque of eachother. Congrats to David and Levin for a kick a$$ Viper which made 913rwhp heat soaked after a multiple attempts. Apologies for the malfunction, David!

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
The thing is with this type/level of racing...cheating/modifying/stretching the rules etc etc is EASY. This is not F1 or NASCAR where every inch of the cars and paperwork is looked over before and after a race...its just grass roots racing people.

Just race him again next time at the next event and have fun with it.

If not...then tighten the rules and have a neutral body enforce them.

I tip my hat to all the racers and especially Dr. Roof for his effort into the series. I really enjoyed the videos.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I say stick to your initial judgement Roof. I would have been pissed if I was a participant at this or any event and someone put me on the trailer early because they did not abide by the rules and it is your responsibility to make sure of that.

Great job. See ya in BG.

·
Enlightened
28,762 Posts
tighten the rules?

Yeah, that makes sense - someone pulls a fast one and the answer is to change the rules? What, you cannot drive a Viper you haven't owned for at least 30 days?

You are right about one thing - this is a "fun" event, people who take advantage of the system and then expect everyone to change to accomidate them is unreasonable. It's like watching 12 year olds - "but you didn't say we couldn't do that". How come 99% of the people who attended got it?

I guess some people just need fine print.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
packetjunkie said:
tighten the rules?

Yeah, that makes sense - someone pulls a fast one and the answer is to change the rules? What, you cannot drive a Viper you haven't owned for at least 30 days?

You are right about one thing - this is a "fun" event, people who take advantage of the system and then expect everyone to change to accomidate them is unreasonable. It's like watching 12 year olds - "but you didn't say we couldn't do that". How come 99% of the people who attended got it?

I guess some people just need fine print.
MP...work in motorsports at the professional level for a few years and you will see stuff like this but much worse everyday.

If I had the answer to what rules to write I would be running F1 by now but even if you have a rule book 10,000 pages long...some one will find a "gray area"

Again not taking sides at all but just thinking it through with a level head.

·
Enlightened
28,762 Posts
So you still feel fraud would fall into a grey area? Even if it probably violated several state laws?

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
packetjunkie said:
So you still feel fraud would fall into a grey area? Even if it probably violated several state laws?

I am talking about rules for a race event...not state laws. What they did after the sale is their own business.

If the title was signed...the sale had taken place and ownership of the car was transferred.

Just because you don't pay taxes on it doesn't change the fact their was an ownership change.

would I have done it...NO

1 - 20 of 39 Posts