Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other side of the story!

First off for those in the race I offended im very sorry but you need to here my side of things before you judge in on things.

1st off I did not know I was going to come to the Viper race until last Wednesday. I got a call from Matt asking me to take the car down to Florida to Dyno and race it to prove to all the people that bashed him over and over about the car not making the power and saying the car would never make it down the track and that it was also a ticking time bomb. So I decided to take it down there on last minute notice to prove Undergroundracings work.

I had no idea of the rules. I just wanted to go there to get some track time and to put some Dyno #s down. I will get to the Dyno results later. They are all facts that DR. Roof does not want you to here. They are all facts that can and will be posted. Im sure you will see my point of view!

Back to the title issue. I did not know anything about that rule until it was time to race. I went to the driver meeting before the street tire race started and Dr. Roof asked if I was Matt Yates? I said no you know im not. He only meet me the day before and new Matt was not coming. He even chatted with Matt before we left and said he would not be there and if he wanted to race his car Kevin would be there driving it. Anyway at the driver meeting he said <<if it was not my car I need to LOAD IT UP! >> We had come there from ten hours away and all we wanted was to get some time runs in! He made it seem like we could not run the car period. He did not say anything about just running for times. So from there I called Matt and asked him to let me take owner ship of the Viper so I could get some track time and ETs. I was not aware of and winnings or etc. Even on the 9.70 pass before I ran it I was told if I went faster then in the 9.90s I would be eliminated. The run before that one it ran a 10.00 with no hook. When I left on the 9.70 pass I knew I would brake out the moment they car launched so hard but I was not worried about the race or braking out because I was there for fastest BLOWER ONLY ET and I got it using no type of injection. Water, meth, horse piss or what ever else you can inject into them.

To the other racers there im truly sorry if I offended you in any way. Most of the ones I talked to said they didn't blame me and said Dr.Roof was just intimidated by me and was a jerk! And also stated if it was not as fast as it was he wouldn't have said anything about it. Not only that there were a few Viper owners sneaking other drivers in there car but nothing was mentioned about that because they were in a slower groupe and not in Dr. Roofs!

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
:eatpop:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Kevin it's nice to hear from you! Were you by any chance the guys in a large white trailer with a large white R/V pulling it? Some older gentleman driving it?

Kevin, you know put it this way. Roof could care LESS how fast your car is. You're the only one who thinks we care if it's a 10 sec car or an 8 sec car. You are the one with a chip on her shoulder. (sorry, had to throw that in there /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif ) Rules are rules bro. If Hennessey would have came from Texas or if Doug Levin would have driven up and raced on Saturday or if Jason Heffner would have run on Saturday also they would have heard the SAME thing. Sorry, you have to OWN the car your driving to run in the street tire shoot out. Plain and simple.

I can look at it from an outside perspective and a clear head because I wasn't involved in any of the he said she said bullcrap at the track cuz I was just racing my car for the 1st time, EVER. I travel with a team from time to time and if we have an illegal player on the roster no matter how far we drive we get disqualified. Rules are rules.

So basically what your now saying is it's ok to cheat at an event that's trying to get off the ground and now your pointing fingers saying everyone else cheated too. He probably didnt' know the owners / drivers but knew you and that you weren't the owner to begin with.

I say just follow rules and everything will be ok and try not to piss everyone off in the 1st place. We really don't care how quick your car E.T.'s at.

At least I don't. Good Luck

Gerald

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
Semi-pro football.

Is that the one with the flags? /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you know a post from a DLM member. That is funny that you say no one cares what it runs when everyone was watching everytime I ran the car. No one cares about what the car runs???? Give me a brake!!! Almost eveyone here said it could not be done with that set up!! Dont speak for everone on this board just yourself. I have had a lot of phone calls and emails with people wanting the same set up done to there cars. Read my post again! If you have to read it 10 more times so you can get the point. To say no one cares you are crazy!!! Infact you were one of those guys saying it could not be done!! What do you have to say now because it just got done!! Fastest BLOWER ONLY no injection of any kind on a STOCK MOTOR AND HEADERS!!! lol @ U

You say Dr.Roof could care less????????? Think again because there were a lot of people standing around when he said the car would never go 9s. We got it on video right before a RUN! So dont tell me he dosent care!!

Dude time to eat your words. How about that Stock Viper Motor with a BLOWER ONLY!!!

ps. where are all you haters now that said it could not be done or would not make it down the track...or is a ticking time bomb?? How about that 9.70???? :bowdown:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
You need to chill out. Here you are flipping birds now. Don't start making this a DLM vs HEffner or a Underground Ricing fight. It's not about that one bit..

Oh well, I guess that really is your personality. I'm very sorry.
G

·
Registered
466 Posts
Interesting. I personally dont give a shit about the drama, but did a blower-only car really run a 9.7?

PLEASE show the video...

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I never said anything of the such. I never told you during the street tire shoot-out you could not run your car I actually told you you could test n tune and that is when you decided to sign the title and lie to my face!

I have respect for your car and NEVER DID i SAY IT WOULD NOT RUN ANYTHING! If you beat me I will do what is necessary to beat you again. But I WILL NOT CHEAT!

You say your sorry for the trouble you caused and cheating but on the same hand you defend it.

What it sounds like is you came to Florida after me when I never said One bad thing about you or your car: the end results is you left with my car faster and my car pulled more RWHP! next time you go to the race make sure you bring all your ponies! Last I checked your missing about 100RWHP.

As for letting you know that if you run faster than 9.90's you would loose is correct. you raced in the 9.90 index. YOU never came to the Main event Drivers meeting when all these issues were discussed, Not sure why? all other drivers attended. I feel it was another attempt to just do what you wanted to do! If your car was so fast why didn't you race with the unlimited?

If not mistaken (reserve the right to be correctted) the 9 second passes you made was not in eliminations but after the event was over! Grudge racing or Test n tune session while I was setting up awards! You made them congrats but you still loose in the end.

What is your personal agenda against me? you say I run Methonal and I Have the $25,000.00 cash where is yours. I wil even give you my car if you find it! You and BlownGTS said you know for a fact. Yet there have been no response to this proposal.

Everything I do I try and do it with the utmost integrity! THis series is built because I love Drag racing! There are no VIPER only events of this nature! I work hard with the help of My family and Friends and Respected Tuners and Vendors to make this happen. The Sad part is you have taken away from what was the Best Drag racing event to date! Shame on you!

But you will NEVER Race in the V-10 Nationals Race series! you had everything to gain but you Lost because of a unneeded Chip on your shoulder! The car performed great! but you defeat it by your actions!

There are also safety concerns: It was told to me that you through Gravel on another racer you defeated and even crossed the center line at after the end of the track. THis is unsafe and adds to your complete lack of Sportsmanship and lack of Integrity!

Have fun racing Corvettes and supra's!

P.S.
Please search this board and find anything that would cause you to act this way against me? It is not there!

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Kevin, How in the hell is this post supposed to help any ? Most of it was bullshit. Geesh!!!

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
this is a lotta bullshit and it truly pisses me off. i personally dont get involved in petty squabbles but im in a shitty tired mood already today so lucky you;

im about as outta the loop of political correctness, and clique ass kissing as a man can be but every time ive interacted with david boggs hes been friendly, professional, courteous and good to talk to. he had made a great thing here in this V10 nats event(s) and truth be told we dont need jackoffs fucking it up.

everyone i met at this event was cool to talk to and cool to hang with, lotta new faces and some familiar.

i will take the liberty of speaking for all who love racing and the V10 nats series; IF YOU DONT WANNA HAVE FUN, RACE SERIOUS, GET ALONG AND PLAY BY THE RULES THEN GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

now; if anyone doesnt like my eloquent statement, please take it up with me man to man at Beechbend, Ill be glad to repeat it slowly and clearly.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
blown and underground...

I am neutral on the title thing as stated before but everything else I am hearing...

/images/graemlins/down /images/graemlins/down

I think mojo summed it up quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Can't we all get along and just race!! I would like to see the underground crew at other races, to see their progress. If the rules will be followed. As for Boggs, what a great guy that put on a great event!!
Chad

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
David, no need to infer that somehow racing supras or vettes is inferior to racing other vipers. You're coming to TX2K4 - Supra Nationals (atleast i hope you're still coming), I think you may be surprised by the times you see from our "supras". As a matter of fact, Kevin/BlownGTS, you are also invited to the event. Hennessey TT cars will be in attendance, RSI cars will be there, Sal may be coming in his TT Heffner car (or his supra), etc... (www.mvpmotorsports.com you can read more about the event, there is a link to it on the front page)

All in all, David, I understand your point of view, but then again I understand yours as well Kevin. I think sometimes you come off a little bit too harsh, just chill out, and compose yourself and respond in a classy manner, you'll be greatful in the end. As for cheating, hmmmmm, cheating should in some way give a competitive advantage (like sprayin NOS in an all motor group, or running slicks in a street tire group), I don't see how he "cheated". I understand he broke the rules, but not sure how he cheated. There is a difference b/w the two...

Just my 0.02
Peter

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Kevin I was done with this but now you've come out I gotta say - firstly - you came across very well when we spoke. You were knowledgeable, spoke well and were very helpful. I appreciated that and that conversation effectively ended the bashing on the forum when I posted that the results were genuine because everyone here knows I was independent and had nothing to gain by BS.

After reading your side of the story I'll be straight with you. It's not the end of the world, but it sure sounds like a pretty bad misunderstanding on your part. Kevin you say one thing, and David says another.

Sometimes we do not hear what was said and hear something else, there's a thousand reasons why communication is not always clear. The problem is everyone else got it and you came in on the back foot at the last minute.

I think everyone can understand your keeness to race - but if you'd brought a happy attitude with you - the opportunities available to you may have been heard and recognised. Then you would have understood you did not need to fake a sale to run the car, you simply wouldn't have been racing on Saturday - just running timeslips. That was what you wanted most anyway. Then also, you'd have made friends with those that ended up looking sideways at you.

I can't imagine anyone finding it difficult to get along with David, so I'd put this down to a learning experience for you. When someone comes in the back door, it's best they slip in quietly and meekly and find out how they can fit in rather than create a scene. I'm sure your whole perception of things would have been quite different then.

There's a lot of other tracks and events you can prove your prowess for the rest of this year, and if you want, you could aim to return in 2005. Bring a reconcilatory attitude, kick some ass, be a sport, and make some friends. Otherwise you may find the Viper market a little small.

You won't win any friends here by calling Dr Roof a liar - he has no reason to lie, it is totally the opposite of everything anyone here who knows him to be, so that means you misunderstood, he didn't lie. If you can't accept that - match his $25,000, find the methanol power adder, and go claim his car - it's a hottie!

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
houstonT said:
David, no need to infer that somehow racing supras or vettes is inferior to racing other vipers. You're coming to TX2K4 - Supra Nationals (atleast i hope you're still coming), I think you may be surprised by the times you see from our "supras". As a matter of fact, Kevin/BlownGTS, you are also invited to the event. Hennessey TT cars will be in attendance, RSI cars will be there, Sal may be coming in his TT Heffner car (or his supra), etc... (www.mvpmotorsports.com you can read more about the event, there is a link to it on the front page)

All in all, David, I understand your point of view, but then again I understand yours as well Kevin. I think sometimes you come off a little bit too harsh, just chill out, and compose yourself and respond in a classy manner, you'll be greatful in the end. As for cheating, hmmmmm, cheating should in some way give a competitive advantage (like sprayin NOS in an all motor group, or running slicks in a street tire group), I don't see how he "cheated". I understand he broke the rules, but not sure how he cheated. There is a difference b/w the two...

Just my 0.02
Peter

Peter - perfect response! My thoughts exactly - and I have personally met David, Kevin and Matt and think they are all great guys.

Keep us posted on updates for TX2K4.:nod:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
houston t - where and when is the Texas event? Are all Vipers invited ie:slow ones like mine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts