Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have been lurking this site for some time trying to gather information. Ive been very reluctant to post as I like to find my own answers. Hopefully I can prevent this post from getting too lengthy. I am in the process of reviving and purchasing my first viper. (Pictures here) Cody Jones has shared 7 photos with you! if anyone recognizes this car and has info please let me know. The seller knows very little of what has been done. It hasn't ran in 3-5 years and hasn't been driven in 5-8 years. I know the seller personally and have faith it can be a great car.

It appears to be running vec2 I would like to ditch this for sct or hptuners. I live in Iowa so I assume most of my future tuning will likely be remote which tuning platform is suggested? I would like to do away with the water meth and go e85 if this makes a difference.

Some things on the car give me conflicting theories, I see braided lines which I assumed ment aftermarket pump(s) but seeing the boost-a-pump makes me think otherwise... opinions? Any easy way to access and check the fuel pump?

As a rookie I'm sure you guys are going to flame me which I can appreciate, I also appreciate any help!

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Pump is not easy to get to. Big pain in the ass.
Methanol system is just used for cool and prevent detonation. Remember gen2 do not have knock sensors. You can dump it. Just get it tuned correctly on whatever fuel you are going to use. Plus depends on hp level you are shooting for.
If you do e85, make sure all fuel components are ethanol compatible. I would replace the braided lines as they are unknown materials. Else, you will burning the car down.

It got a roe some that is a plus. Plus get rid of the air filter set up. It is robbing you of hp because it is sucking in hot air in addition to the increasing the charge air temperature. This is very, very bad.

If you want to dump the wheels shoot me a message.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply! The biggest reason for removing methanol system is "drivability" I feel like that is just one more component to fail and worry about. I thought the intake setup seemed inefficient I will be changing that as well.

Any thoughts / opinions on what tuning platform?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Compression test, no problem.
Leakdown may be another story typically you want the engine warm for a leakdown correct? Unfortunately this car has a ways to go before I feel comfortable trying to fire it. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts