Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
yepp. very nice car. Love the cobra too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love the GT. The engine compartment is beautiful!
One of the biggest Ford dealers here in NorCal is Swanson Ford, and Steve Swanson is on the Board of the SVT Dealers' Assoc. He might have some info for you. Give him a call at (408) 356-2101.

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
SmokinV10 said:
It doenst look nearly as nice as the 360..but there is something about it that I REALLY like. <hr /></blockquote>

It's fierce no doubt! I do like the car, and waaay better than the Stratus, but I to think the 360 has a bit more class.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,793 Posts
great looking car....although In my reality I would much rather build a ERA 427 Cobra. It would give me the same "feel" of owning a high powered vintage super car for less money. I could not afford a new GT-40 but could handle a Cobra kit.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
JF5885477 said:
Big question is how much? But I would agree that is damn sweet, you would be lying if you said you would rather have the SRT. <hr /></blockquote>

Not necessarily, I like the Ford GT a lot, but I like my rt/10 because I like having the top down (a plus for the srt over the gt) and the srt gets all its power (the same as the gt) without using a supercharger, so the srt with a DIY supercharger will be stupid-fast compared to the gt. Oh, and the srt is more in my price range than the gt will be - I expect the gt will be ~$20k more sticker, and then reality sets in, because the markup will kick in, making what will probably be ~$40k price differential for 04-05.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
APEX Motorsports said:
I love the GT. The engine compartment is beautiful!
One of the biggest Ford dealers here in NorCal is Swanson Ford, and Steve Swanson is on the Board of the SVT Dealers' Assoc. He might have some info for you. Give him a call at (408) 356-2101. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the lead. We did call Steve and he seems to be one of the few that actually knows what these cars are!! Don't even try to ask a sales manager that you want to get a Ford GT. Anyway, he told us that these GT's will be very hard to get and only a select few will be getting them. Needless to say, he's pretty mad because Ford has nothing exciting to sell, well until 2005 and the new Stang.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts