Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone:

Long time fan of Vipers, getting ready to pull the trigger!

Ill get it out of the way, I am 6'9" tall and 220 lbs. Good proportions.

This is happening. I've wanted a Viper forever, and I am determined to fit! LemonSquad is out inspecting as we speak on a Gen 3.

I'm already talking to a metal working friend about a custom seat lowering, but I am unsure if this will be enough. Is anyone out there even remotely close to my height? I found 1 post from someone about my height and he said its a squeeze but a custom mount was all he needed.

Any and all help and info is greatly appreciated!

-Nondarb

·
Landscaping Professional
14,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
6’-5”, 275-290lbs here, Gen 2 GTS. Clutch adjustment & seat lowered. I’ve seen others claim you’ll fit fine, “fine” being a relative term here. Some also pull sun visor. I’ve also read one person on the original design team was 6’-7”, unknown if true.

Age is also a factor even though we try to tell ourselves it isn’t, crawling in & out just takes some practice, in private. You’ll do just fine… maybe.

Good luck, no guts, no glory.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
There's tall, there's big, and then there's tall & big. Kinda' like a new pair of good shoes, just need to break in the feel. I have had people ask if I'm driving the Viper & then wait just to see me slither in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just lowered my seats 2" using the kits from IPSCO. Im 6,2 and 210lbs with long legs so my problem was my legs rubbing on the steering wheel. Have not driven the car because of Swedish weather so I will test it in the spring.

The first picture is showing the differens between stock passanger seat and 2" lowered drivers seat.
Second and third picture is showing the differens in leg room.
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Automotive design Sleeve Grey Steering wheel Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Steering part Automotive design Comfort Grey

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haven’t been online in a while but thought I could offer my input. I’m big it the more round sense (6’1 290) and had a real issue with my thighs contacting the steering wheel in my gen 2 rt/10. So I custom-made a seat lowering kit (f**k $400 lol) and decided to go with a smaller steering wheel from momo mated to a quick release hub. Taking off the steering wheel to get in and out has been a game changer for getting my trunks swiveled and tucked into the coffin that is the leg box! Best of luck to you on the car!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Haven’t been online in a while but thought I could offer my input. I’m big it the more round sense (6’1 290) and had a real issue with my thighs contacting the steering wheel in my gen 2 rt/10. So I custom-made a seat lowering kit (f**k $400 lol) and decided to go with a smaller steering wheel from momo mated to a quick release hub. Taking off the steering wheel to get in and out has been a game changer for getting my trunks swiveled and tucked into the coffin that is the leg box! Best of luck to you on the car!
Great idea ^^^. As time passes & getting out becomes more of a challenge, this could work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts