Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to thank both Jason Heffner and John Hennessey for both their generosity in time, resources, and efforts.

Jason Heffner flew from Baltimore, Maryland to Houston, Texas to help me improve various aspects of my car. Although the car always made great horsepower figures and had good driveability, it tended to have coolant temperature figures that were hotter than expected when the car was driven in 95+ degree temperatures in Houston Humidity wiht the AC on. When Jason discovered a method of eliminating this issue, he offered to fly out to Houston to perform the improvekments which included a supercharger pulley/belt change, an intercooler swap, a complete retune free of charge! :cheers: I believe this is an UNPARALLELED level of service! I could not expect more from any engine tuner! People say wonders about this tuner and that tuner, but when the rubber hits the road, Jason exceeded all expectations by delivering a great product from the get go and standing by it with great customer service the whole way!

When John Hennessey Heard that Jason Heffner was coming out to make improvements to my Viper, he offered for jason heffner and I to use his shop, and tools! Keep in mind that this is a fellow competitor he is letting into his shop and he has nothing to gain other than to offer help to the Viper community! Johns shop was extremely busy and FILLED with customer cars but he made a bay available for Jason Heffner to work on my car. With Johns assistance, Jason was able to perform the improvements within a few hours.

I also wanted to thank RSI for allowing Jason Heffner and I to use their Dyno Facilities to do the final tuning of the car. RSI allowed Jason Heffner full use of the dynojet, tools, and gorgeous facilities to dial in the car with the new settings. Another class act!

I believe this was a true show of tremendous generosity from two well known tuners that needed to be noted. Thank You Jason Heffner and Thank you John Hennessey and thank you RSI!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Re: Thank you Jason Heffner and John Hennessey!!!

Fantastic, you gotta love it when people work together with one common goal....improve the Viper. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

How much RTV did it take to make the car run cooler??? 10 tubes or what?

·
Registered
12,230 Posts

Kudos to both!!

Cheers!

Jay K.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts

Jason it was my pleasure to help you any way that I could. Jason Heffner has been a good guy to me to so I was more than glad to have you guys at the shop.

·
Registered
324 Posts

Hope the modifications worked out for you, people just don't realize how hot it gets in TX. Its good to know that there are tuners out ther that go out of their way to help their customers.

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

SRT Mike said:
When did I say Roe was involved in this? You didnt see me thanking him did you?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

I'm glad things worked out for you Smokin'! Jason is the best, bar none!

·
Registered
33 Posts

I'm glad everything worked out for you Smokin. Jason, is a great guy and his customer service is AWESOME. I had my MSD boost retard go bad and Jason replaced it at no charge. Thanks a lot Jason, the car is back on the road now.

Asif

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

So Smoked
You are on your way to the track real soon correct?
Are you still hanging out at RSI on weekends, a fixture on the couch?

Glad to read that your Viper is now ready to roll on out.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts

I had the chance to have dinner with Jason while he was in town. He's a great down to earth guy. It's nice to put a face to the name.

Look for some BIG things from both Hennessey and Heffner in the next month or two!! /images/graemlins/gr_driving3.gif

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

jkracer said:
So Smoked
You are on your way to the track real soon correct?
Are you still hanging out at RSI on weekends, a fixture on the couch?

Glad to read that your Viper is now ready to roll on out.
Rohn, we actually tuned the car over at RSI. Gerald and Jason at RSI were extremely generous in offering their dyno facilities, tools, and time to making the final tuning of my car possible.

·
Registered
328 Posts

Glad you got it finished.

Let's see...Jason, Jason, Jason, Jason ...of course it came together!

Jason

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts

BigCarrot said:
Smokin said:
SRT Mike said:
When did I say Roe was involved in this? You didnt see me thanking him did you?

:zzz:
Yeow. That was a zinger. Though working with a Roe car I certainly have some raised eyebrows myself.

Glad the car is coming along Jason. It's great to hear that a few of the really big names were coming together for this and all pitching in to help out fellow enthusiasts. :cheers:

·
Registered
74 Posts

Smokin,

Let me start by saying that is was my pleasure. This was one of those occasions that was just a reminder that I do in fact have the best job in the world. To have the opportunity to fly to Texas, meet some of the other people that lurk around this message board, hang out with some of the other finest Viper tuners in the world, I would hardly call it work but nonetheless, you are welcome. I would also like to give great thanks to John at HMS Vipers for extending to me the highest level of professional courtesy that I have ever seen. I will look forward to seeing a few of your latest projects on the road. Also thanks to Jason and Gerald at RSI for allowing us to use their dyno to fine tune Smokins car for that nasty Texas air. Hopefully I will see you all soon at Norwalk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts