Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a viper, I am 6ft 7 and 285. What is the best years for my size, and dies anyone have one in sacramento area with a seat lowering kit that I could sit in.

Or am I just dreaming

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,689 Posts
Gen 1/2 rt/10 roadster
Gen 3 'vert

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gen 1/2 rt/10 roadster
Gen 3 'vert
Thanks, tried a gen 2 once without the kit, didn't drive it , felt too tight to work clutch properly, but it has been a while. I have read the kit makes a huge difference. Tired of vettes time to move on. Can't do c7 either.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hellcat

·
Impartial person
13,726 Posts
Ariel Atom.

A real tall member here let me drive his but I couldn't even reach the petals.
The seats were set and fixed with no adjustments, so I was out of luck.

·
Registered
23,275 Posts
Did you adjust the pedals ? They move as well as the seat.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I want a viper, I am 6ft 7 and 285. What is the best years for my size, and dies anyone have one in sacramento area with a seat lowering kit that I could sit in.

Or am I just dreaming
6'-4", large body, 270-290ish depending on where I am on the fitness scale with gain/loss muscle thing + diet but 20lbs to larger folks trying to squeeze into drivers compartment isn't much. Not to split atoms here but body type with torso length, leg length, etc are all important, oh yea the age thing too. Shoe size? Barefooted or socks for me too, that drivers pedal well is waaaay too tight for my hoofs.

Went thru the same struggle & actually passed on a 1 owner unicorn Gen2 GTS because I thought I was kidding myself. Still couldn't let it go & bought the same damn model within a year anyway, my favorite model & Gen5's were out of my price range. Reflecting back with current values climbing another "dupid" move on my part, typical. I can only speak for the Gen2/5's, coupes. I do wish my Gen2 had tilt/tele vs tilt only.

Read lots around seat lowering gigs, pedal moves (did the clutch myself), pulled sunvisors, etc. I went for it & decided I was going to make it work & it's turned out just fine. If you're like me you are going to either go for it or regret it later.

You may want to research locations for meets/shows near you to climb into a few different Gen's if possible vs the car by car thing?

No regrets ever & after a few drives you'll adapt to the fit & pedal offset that took a bit of time. If I was a smaller statured guy I'd be ate up with junky ass English sports cars, still love them.

Lastly, if you pull the trigger take some time practicing that enter/exit thing gracefully IN PRIVATE because not only the car is going to get stares, once people realize you're going to climb in the thing after you climb out the'll stare in amazement.

Good luck & post what you decide buying because we all know you're going to do it anyway. Ha!

Lastly, if LEGEND Dan Gurney at 6'-4" BEFORE a helmet can track world class class rig's around circuits? Google Gurney Bubble...

Reactions: Bigdave209

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
6'-4", large body, 270-290ish depending on where I am on the fitness scale with gain/loss muscle thing + diet but 20lbs to larger folks trying to squeeze into drivers compartment isn't much. Not to split atoms here but body type with torso length, leg length, etc are all important, oh yea the age thing too. Shoe size? Barefooted or socks for me too, that drivers pedal well is waaaay too tight for my hoofs.

Went thru the same struggle & actually passed on a 1 owner unicorn Gen2 GTS because I thought I was kidding myself. Still couldn't let it go & bought the same damn model within a year anyway, my favorite model & Gen5's were out of my price range. Reflecting back with current values climbing another "dupid" move on my part, typical. I can only speak for the Gen2/5's, coupes. I do wish my Gen2 had tilt/tele vs tilt only.

Read lots around seat lowering gigs, pedal moves (did the clutch myself), pulled sunvisors, etc. I went for it & decided I was going to make it work & it's turned out just fine. If you're like me you are going to either go for it or regret it later.

You may want to research locations for meets/shows near you to climb into a few different Gen's if possible vs the car by car thing?

No regrets ever & after a few drives you'll adapt to the fit & pedal offset that took a bit of time. If I was a smaller statured guy I'd be ate up with junky ass English sports cars, still love them.

Lastly, if you pull the trigger take some time practicing that enter/exit thing gracefully IN PRIVATE because not only the car is going to get stares, once people realize you're going to climb in the thing after you climb out the'll stare in amazement.

Good luck & post what you decide buying because we all know you're going to do it anyway. Ha!

Lastly, if LEGEND Dan Gurney at 6'-4" BEFORE a helmet can track world class class rig's around circuits? Google Gurney Bubble...

Thanks for the lengthy response. I need to dig in, it seems like there is hope. I just wrote them off in one quick try. I managed to make a prowler work, but then again, no clutch and no power. My curse, loving cars, and having a body not designed to fit. As I get older, being less willing or able to do all the acrobatics. Appreciate the help, will try to find a run or group meet.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hellcat Redeye then...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts