Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Talk to me about wideband 02's!

977 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  DChan415 
#1 ·
Talk to me about wideband 02\'s!

Can someone explain to me the exact operation of a wideband 02?

The factory sensor outputs between 0 and 1 volt depending on the A/F ratio. Normally it swings from 450-750mv or so, but I also know the "median" range changes based on EGT.

Ok, so how is that different than a wideband? Does a wideband still output 0-1 volt? As I understand it now, a wideband is just more quick to react to changing A/F ratios - but what else? Anyone have a graph of A/F ratio x wideband 02 sensor output?

#5 ·
Re: Talk to me about wideband 02\'s!

http://www.ecmmotorsports.com

[image]http://www.ecmmotorsports.com/images/g100-rackit350.jpg[/image]

G100-RAC (Air-Fuel Ratio Gauge with Recording/Playback and Analog Output)

The G100-RAC combines four important features into a single system: a wide-range AFR sensor, an easy-to-read gauge, data recording with playback, and a linear 0 to 5 volt analog output. The 270-degree sweep gauge has a black or white backlit face, an illuminated pointer, and is highly visible in both daylight and night conditions. The analog output is suitable for input into a data acquisition system or engine controller.

Data recording can be triggered either manually using the buttons on the Record/Playback Control Pod, or automatically by the release of a wheel or transmission brake using a 12 volt signal. Recordings of up to one minute can be made and the data is retained even if the vehicle's battery is disconnected. Holding down the Playback button plays back the AFR data on the gauge and the analog output.

#9 ·

I have the TechEdge like Tony - but mine is the 1.5
Simple to install - and the display gives a A/F numerical readout plus a
bar graph - but any of the Wideband displays should work with the control box.
If you log onto the w/b sites they can give you a detailed insight into the
difference of a wideband vs a regular A/F meter.
To sum it up the wideband kits give you a real-time, digital, A/F signal that was once only available at in-house dyno shops.

#10 ·

Wideband 02's run off a wider 5 volt range, is capable of more resolution, and faster sampling rates than a standard 1 to 4 wire oxygen sensor. They also require use of a converter to convert their signal into a voltage then into an actual AF ratio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.