Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...skip shift pissed me off. I damn near killed the car in a parking lot. Sooo I tried taking off in 2nd. Just sliped the clutch just a tad and it works great.

Ghetto skip shift elimination. DEATH TO SKIP SHIFT

and NO I'm not spending the $50 on a eliminater kit.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Why worry about the 20 cent resistor? Why not go really cheap and just unplug the dam thing! Light still comes on, but you can shift like you want :thumb:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
50 bucks for a skip shift eliminator?? What are you smokin? You can get them pretty damn cheap right now. Or you could do it yourself for a few cents. We own a few RadioShacks....need a resistor? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess what I found in my electronics tool box. A 2.2k .5W just what the Doc ordered. I'll put it on latter. Right now it's time to jump into bed with the wife....BED TIME IS THE BEST TIME!

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
What Craig said.

Don't be a pussy, use the gas pedal.
I hit the skipshift a few times when I first got the car, and never again.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Summit Racing sells the skip shift eliminator, pt. no. JET-61610 for $29.69. It's the same one used on the GM F-body T-56.
The yellow arrow will still go on and off, but there won't be any gear lock out, forced skip shift, or SES light.
http://www.summmitracing.com

Kit includes a seal connector to protect the pins on the tranny, a potted resistor to hang off the wiring harness and a tie-wrap to keep it out of the drive shaft.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.