Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...skip shift pissed me off. I damn near killed the car in a parking lot. Sooo I tried taking off in 2nd. Just sliped the clutch just a tad and it works great.

Ghetto skip shift elimination. DEATH TO SKIP SHIFT

and NO I'm not spending the $50 on a eliminater kit.

· Registered
2,599 Posts
50 bucks for a skip shift eliminator?? What are you smokin? You can get them pretty damn cheap right now. Or you could do it yourself for a few cents. We own a few RadioShacks....need a resistor? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess what I found in my electronics tool box. A 2.2k .5W just what the Doc ordered. I'll put it on latter. Right now it's time to jump into bed with the wife....BED TIME IS THE BEST TIME!

· Premium Member
3,357 Posts
What Craig said.

Don't be a pussy, use the gas pedal.
I hit the skipshift a few times when I first got the car, and never again.

· Registered
1,523 Posts
Summit Racing sells the skip shift eliminator, pt. no. JET-61610 for $29.69. It's the same one used on the GM F-body T-56.
The yellow arrow will still go on and off, but there won't be any gear lock out, forced skip shift, or SES light.
http://www.summmitracing.com

Kit includes a seal connector to protect the pins on the tranny, a potted resistor to hang off the wiring harness and a tie-wrap to keep it out of the drive shaft.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.