Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new here and tried the search button and came up empty handed. I am putting a msd digital window switch on my 97 GTS, and need to know what to hook to. I was thinking a feed wire on the 4 cylinder coil pack and to set the unit to 2 cylinder??? Any help is appreciated fellas. By the way, great site!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I took my tach signal right from the back of the tach itself, but that is a pain in the ass.

I believe there is a wire from the PCM you can tap into as well as some other options.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I used pin#3 on C1, the red with yellow trace wire. It is an ignition coil driver.

Use this one if you are using the digital window switch from Msd. The actual tach signal caused my tach to stop working because the Msd grounded it out when I hooked to it.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
J DAWG said:
I used pin#3 on C1, the red with yellow trace wire. It is an ignition coil driver.

Use this one if you are using the digital window switch from Msd. The actual tach signal caused my tach to stop working because the Msd grounded it out when I hooked to it.
word, that was perfect for my msd window and I robbed the same signal for my shift light

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I lost the message, please pm it to me..

sorry, I need to get it asap...

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
where is this located at in the car? I dont have a wiring diagram or manual and need to tap into this wire tonight for my msd unit.
Pick it up at the coil ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.