Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

SVS UNCOVERED - INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW...LONG

3K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  jkracer 
#1 ·
If the allegations that RACINCJ posted about the matter involving SVS in the “SVS uncovered” thread are being spread throughout the Chicago area and being used to diminish our credibility, then I feel that it is necessary to post the TRUTH about the situation and how it happened.

This situation happened in 1998 and somebody obviously knew this story and placed it here on the board in an effort to discredit SVS. They tried to spin it that we forced the dealership to sign a release over an engine we built that they spent 20k on and we acted as if we didn’t want to be liable. There were also allegations of intimidation by SVS through lawsuits. This is total fabrication in an effort to discredit our company.

This was going to be a limited edition Viper that was being done for a dealership. There was going to be around 5 of them built. I was approached by a representitive from the dealership with the idea to build these Vipers.

I worked with this representative from the dealership on pricing on all of the items that were going into the limited edition Viper. The list was made and pricing on all upgrades were agreed upon by the dealership. We received a $20,000.00 check to start the project. This was a small part of the overall price.

As the car was being put together and custom parts were being designed, the overall amount became an issue and changes were made by the dealership after we had already started the project. They felt that the overall amount of the package added to the price of the car would be hard for them to sell. We discussed what could be done to lower the price of the overall package, but because we were in midstream of following the original agreed upon pricing some of the original $20k was allocated for already started work and parts.

The car sat in limbo because either the dealership was going to send us more money to finish the job we were already in midstream with or they were going to decide to lower the overall package and decide what parts they actually wanted to incorporate into the limited edition Viper. It completely became their decision on which way they wanted to go with the project.

I remember dealing with the representative at the dealership and him telling me that they were going to most likely go with a package from another well known tuner for the rest of the limited edition Vipers. They felt that the overall price of the originally agreed upon contract added to the cost of the car was going to be hard for them to sell. This was all being told to me after we were already in midstream of building this 1st limited edition Viper.

The Viper sat here in the shop for quite a while because a decision had to be made by the dealership on which route they wanted to take with it.

They decided to pick up the Viper in an “uncompleted state” and use the 20k towards whatever had already been completed.

The engine had been built and ready to be placed in the car. My Father informed the dealership that if they wanted to come and pick up the Viper that was fine. The 20k was broken down into what had already been completed for the overall project. We informed the dealership that the engine absolutely needed to have an upgraded fuel system to properly run the level at which the engine was built. The engine was built very strong and somewhere around 11.3:1 compression. We informed the dealership that if they were going to complete the car themselves or have anyone else work on it that we were very uncomfortable letting the engine out of our shop without a properly managed fuel system to match the engine.

We gave the dealership the amount that it would cost to complete the fuel system, because the 20k was already used up in the overall areas of the project.

The dealership informed us that they felt the car didn’t need an upgraded fuel system. They said that they had a local guy that was going to help them finish the car and they were informed that a fuel system wasn’t necessary. Who informed them that a fuel system wasn’t necessary? I have no idea!

We said fine that’s your call, but we are going to require that you sign a release that states we are not going to be responsible for someone else finishing the car or the installation of the engine without us incorporating a fuel system to our standards. They agreed and signed the release that we had drawn up to cover ourselves around the incomplete nature of this project.

They picked up the car in pieces. We placed the engine in the car with NOTHING hooked up, just so they could transport the car. The transmission and other parts were also not installed. They signed the release and took the car.

Now from what I understand I believe that they placed the engine in a different Viper and sold it to a customer. I’m not sure if they tried to put a fuel system on the engine or not and who actually did the work. Also from what I understand the engine did blow up and they tried to come after us. We informed them that we wanted to help but that the car went out of our shop in an incomplete state and that they had “others” finish the job and most importantly that they didn’t incorporate the upgraded fuel system. Our release covered SVS in this situation and we still wanted to try to help out with whatever the dealership needed.

They sent the engine to a guy that was going to rebuild it. This gentleman contacted my father and told him he seen nothing wrong with the engine build and the only problem was that it didn’t have a sufficient fuel system. He asked my Father about sending a fuel system and if we could help. My Father was more than happy to “TRY” to help out in this matter and even offered to send somebody to install the fuel system. We gave the gentleman the pricing for the fuel system and he said he would get back to us. I believe the gentleman contacted the dealership with requirements for additional money to add a fuel system to the engine. My Father contacted this gentleman and asked what was going on with the situation and was told that no additional money was going to be allocated for an upgraded fuel system.

It is my understanding that the second time around the engine had blown up again.

So what happens? SVS gets blamed and bad stories are spread that this was our fault?
We couldn’t force the dealership to pay additional money for what we felt was very important to ensure the proper fuel system to run the engine. We couldn’t force the dealership to finish the car in the state that we had originally agreed upon. They changed there minds and we tried to work with that on every angle.

The only thing we could do is have them sign a release that we can’t be responsible for these types of decisions, mainly the fact around the fuel system and that others were going to finish the car.

The bottom line is that the cost of a fuel system to handle the engine (Motec was originally involved in the limited edition Viper, but not in the simple additional cost of a piggy back fuel system to help ensure the engines life) would have solved this entire matter that has turned into a “Blame Story” centered on SVS.

As a tuner the worst possible situation is NOT BEING GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO HELP SOLVE OR NEGOTIATE A RESONABLE SOLUTION FOR ANY GIVEN SITUATION THAT COULD LEAD TO FURTHER PROBLEMS.

At least in THIS situation we were given the opportunity to state what needed to be done. :nod: Our diagnosis to help save a problem was denied. We needed to cover our own position on the matter and I feel we tried to save this situation in the best that we possibly could.

Jr.

See less See more
#3 ·
My feelings are that if you don't have first hand experience with a tuner it is completely unfair to make negative comments. Anybody that has been in business long enough will end up with someone that is not completely satisfied. I have heard numerous rumors over the the last few years but as far as I know that is all they are. If anyone here has had a first hand negative experience then they are by all means welcome to come and tell all but the posts from people with second hand information are really useless.

I'm not defending or bashing anyone here. I just think that if someone was spreading rumors or second hand information about me I would not be too happy.

#4 ·
I had an almost identical situation happen at my shop. A customer brought us his little honda built by someone else with a blown motor. The car had added forced induction, but was lacking the correct fuel system upgrades and correct electronics to properly manage the fuel under boost situations. We built him a very nice motor, and the car was essentially completed, sitting around in my shop, waiting for him to come up with the money for a fuel system.

After a week or two of the car sitting, he told me that he REALLY needed the car to get to work and back, and that he is going to pick it up. I informed him that the car was not safe to drive under any boost, and that he would really have to watch what hes doing when driving as to not spool the turbos up enough to generate charge pressure. I also made him sign a waiver before I would let the car leave in this state. I went out the next night to the local car spots, and heard rumours of how fast this little car was going... so that being known, I was awaiting the call.

Sure enough I got the call 3rd day out, and the customer tried to tell me that me writing him a custom and specific waiver for his car and his car's situation was not clear enough instruction that the car was not to be driven under boost. I did all I really could for him as a business man, and I gave him a small discount on the labor to replace his built up engine with a factory engine and put a fuel system on it. He basically tossed out thousands of his own dollars to end right back where he started, only with a fuel system and a reliable car... when he could have had that car running 11'1.

The rumors claiming that we fucked up that car are still floating around, and its been about 2 years.

Sorry to hijack the thread... but im just saying... I feel ya! Its some serious bullshit all the drama that revolves around this industry.

#6 ·
JR. I applaude you on this post!!!..it is straight forward ond to the point!!!...it's hard to please all the people all the time!!..i work here at my dealership and am constantly hounded by the sales dept to do things for them...i get started and get into the middle of what they want to do and they always change things on me....even after we agree on what they wanted from the start...it's gotten now where i jus don't help them anymore cause i know it's gonna end up not like i believe it should be done and they will want it half-assed!!..(pardon my french).....so i know exactly what you went thru....Len

#7 ·
Great upfront post, first hand knowledge. It is to bad that others wanted to burn SVS to the ground because a fictitious name person came here with a 2nd and 3rd hand story that his/her grand parents told him/her that they overheard one night at the old folks home while in a self induced comma.
Thanks for spelling out the situation for everyone to read. Now it is time to close the door.

Rohn

#13 ·
RacinCJ, but a first hand count of what someone told you about their situation is second hand information by definition. Im awaiting notification from another mod, and Im guessing your last two posts are toast...unless you want to go delete them yourself first.

#16 ·
tbaggn said:
motec on a n.a. car does sound a bit odd /images/graemlins/dunno /images/graemlins/bs
T,

Whats wrong with this idea? When I get my Viper, I would strongly consider a fuel management/engine performance modifier to manage the car. My goal I'll gladly share is to make 600+ HP the NA route using either of the two fuel management systems along with Belangers, Jesel Rockers, and an oil pressure management system. My purpose is to race the car a la Mumford style and enjoy myself on the track! I don't see this as odd. Moreover, I'd contact that Track Rat BP/Smackie or Eric M. on their knowledge of driving/setting up the car for the track.

Jay "One Day Very Soon" K.

#17 ·
yeah but this was supposed to be a special edition car that a dealership was going to sell to the general public for the street. i just dont get the need for motec, not trying to start shit but i dont see a dealership planning on putting a fleet of full out race cars in their showroom with motec computer systems, do you?

no flame intended, just observation

#21 ·
tbaggn said:
yeah but this was supposed to be a special edition car that a dealership was going to sell to the general public for the street. ...

no flame intended, just observation
This idea alone is a bad idea! Are you thinking a Yenko edition or something? Any dealer wishing to do that kind of setup would definitely preface their purchase by setting up an exceptional budget!

TB, this alone doesn't reflect a Tuner's abilities. Yes I'm aware of all of the above mentioned and believe that the best route is to stay out if not directly involved.

Jay K.

#23 ·
Probably a good idea since you don't have any first-hand information for us. I have no interest in bullshit from people who claim to know someone who knows someone who read an article about a guy who claims to know Jr.

As for anyone else, if you weren't involved, then you have ZERO business trying to act like an authority.

We would never remove a post from someone who has first-hand information to offer the community - or has information which can be verified by a moderator.

#24 ·
RacinCJ said:
Maybe JR can post here that he will not take any legal action against Paolo, Ron Addee or Hillsdale Dodge if they want to come here and tell their story. Seems like the fair thing to do right JR.
Are you the leader of this conspiracy? If you are, what is YOUR motivation in this? Why do you have to hide? Are you afraid of something?...... Like ruining your OWN reputation for your OWN actions? Do you have a white pointy hat in your closet also?

Are all the people you speak of the ones hiding in the bushes with fake names spreading rumors?

Are you speaking for them and they can't speak for themselves? If they are harboring resentments maybe they need to look inward, get over it and get on with there lives. :nod: Or if they know that their points are valid enough to state their peace then they should be afraid of nothing. This is America the land of the free and home of the BRAVE.

Gather up everybody, go and have every person that has a problem with us, what we have done to them and let’s start untangling the twisted web that has been weaved. Don't forget Blah Blah he for surely has been carrying his persecution complex the loudest. From what he states we have ruined his life and he no longer can walk because of us, WOW, I wonder whose fault it was before us? I would think with all the people who hate us so much that it would be easy to come on the board and crush us, ruin me, my father and mother, and SVS. Isn't that what your motivation is????????????? To stick it to us anyway you can? Take us out......cmon.

Isn't that the only way you will find redemption in yourselves? At least then you won’t have the need to feel like you have to run around and spread rumors or hide in the shadows…….or maybe that is what you're really all about and you really can’t decipher who you really are or what you really stand for. You have the chance to be free of your pain and get rid of us at the same time.

Hello Jason Heffner…..thanks for the post, I agree. I would love to hear what the rumors are that you have heard over the last few years if they are about SVS. :nod: Your first hand info is fine by me. At least I can try to put my account of the situation on the table first hand.

Jr.

#25 ·
jr.
what was your road racing weekend like last Fri and sat.

We finally talked a little last Friday for the first time since San Antonio. I think we both and some others actually know who racincj is and his motive. He has no facts and in his own sick way justifies this. Once he is found out and that will come real soon his reasons will be self evident. It should not be to hard for the mods to find his identity and they might already know. Once exposed it will not surprise anyone who he is.

later
rohn

#26 ·
Jesus - if you know who he is - spill it.

He's had a field day with innuendo against SVS - none of it firsthand - and yet he's been able to hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

I find it very annoying when people hide behind a screen name - for the sole purpose of hurting someone else's business.

If he's legit, he has nothing to hide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.