Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SVS initiated this project in 2002. When we had the chance we slowly worked at designing the system. We mocked it up in the SVS Patriot GTS. As time went on we gathered information through racing that helped our decisions on what to incorporate into the system. The engine and the system sat on the floor for a couple of years while we were busy datalogging turbo racing information. This picture was taken over a month ago. Overall we have spent about 5 months total of actual work on the entire project since its inception which includes the last month and a half. We have 3 years of experience incorporated into that 5 months. This is a prototype and changes will definitely be made once the system is to be duplicated. This is a Turbo system that started as an idea in 2001. This system was built for endurance in hopes of someday being duplicated for an extreme high horsepower offshore boat application.

We didn't get the 8 second run we were looking for with the Stryker TT. We calculated that we had the power, but still needed to make changes like taking the 800# springs out of the rear. We have just started to learn drag racing and have a great deal more to learn in set-up.

We decided it was time to bring together everything we have learned with some things we are still planning to test.

We are looking forward to having some fun testing and racing with our competitive fellowship :nod:

Bonneville is near /images/graemlins/smiles

JUN

[image]http://www.supervipersystems.com/PR/letsdance.jpg[/image]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,064 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOO


/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Jr.

DID I GET MY POINT ACROSS!!


WELCOME BACK TO BONNEVILLE AND UPPING THE BAR!!!

SHWEEEEET!


Jay K.


(CapsLock courtesy of Texlen)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,282 Posts
:nod:

yip - that should work

even the goggles in front of the throttle bodies have all fogged up /images/graemlins/laughing.gif


nice headers! Huge intakes - very impressive looking!


where will the intercooler go? I'd assume water to air for Bonneville right?
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
10,474 Posts
Tanked,
Just why the fuck could you not combine both your useless posts into ONE useless post? Please keep the amount of misery we all have to go through when reading your posts to a minimum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JGK95 said:
WOOOOOOOOOO


/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked/images/graemlins/shocked

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Jr.

DID I GET MY POINT ACROSS!!


WELCOME BACK TO BONNEVILLE AND UPPING THE BAR!!!

SHWEEEEET!


Jay K.


(CapsLock courtesy of Texlen)
Thanks Jay!

Your passion around supporting all things Viper is worth a day at the track :thumb:

This is a system that will never see a roadcourse /images/graemlins/nono

Top speed is this monsters playground :nod:

It's ok though we will still have a great deal of fun and you will learn tremendously in a car that has 7 times less power.

:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
viper spray said:
How about some MORE INFO!!!!!!!!!!!bitch!!
More info coming soon Beeyottcchh /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

This is the engine we have estimated to make 1700hp. Those are estimates for now. Nothing has been proven yet.

We are close and when I have more info I will surely let you know.

Just wanted to make a statement that we are in progress with this project.....



BITCH!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
Just wondering....what's so special about your intake?

Where is the intercooler(air/water in the trunk, or is it behind the radiator)?

How is the air getting into the intake with the tubes missing?

I have lots of Q's for SVS but now isn't the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,064 Posts
Tanked. Do you homework and give these guys a chance to build the damn thing!

If my guess is right and this is a Bonneville ONLY car *GRRRRR*

...not road course....


Then my guess is that the car will have a water cooled solution and it sure as Hell won't get groceries unless the local A & P has a 300+ MPH drive through!

:rofl:

Jay K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Tanked said:
Just wondering....what's so special about your intake?

Where is the intercooler(air/water in the trunk, or is it behind the radiator)?

How is the air getting into the intake with the tubes missing?

I have lots of Q's for SVS but now isn't the time.
And how are you planning to go 300mph with no hood??? Great questions, Tanked!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tanked said:
Looks good from here...but let's see how it runs.
Of course, we have to give everybody the chance to see how things will run /images/graemlins/dunno


Tanked said:
I wonder how much SVS would charge for something like that.

This system isn't for sale at the moment, that's why there's no price on the website. :thumb:


Tanked said:
Just wondering....what's so special about your intake?


Where is the intercooler(air/water in the trunk, or is it behind the radiator)?

How is the air getting into the intake with the tubes missing?

I have lots of Q's for SVS but now isn't the time.
This pic is from a month and a half ago Tanked. I'll send you the first completed and finished release picture :thumb:

Don't get so excited Tanked, all your questions will be answered very soon :thumb:

Everything fits under the stock hood with the stock hinges in place...... :idea: but we were planning to run at Bonneville without a hood :nod: in order to cool the exhaust, and we also found out that swirling aerodynamics around the engine hitting the front window helps keep the downforce on the car in order to keep it on the ground at 300mph.
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
10,474 Posts
Jr, Sr,
I know youre irritated at Tanked. Its ok to put your "Ive gotta be nice Tuner Hat" away in this instance. We all share your plight. We all have to shuffle through his endless supply of idiotic posts day after day. So instead of going through all the effort of "being nice" like you did above, lets get real. You know what you really wanted to say. Come on say it next time. Let loose!!!

WAR FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
The setup looks SICK! :thumb: Are you targeting 1700 HP at the crank or 1700 RWHP? :bowdown:

Best of luck in hitting the triple century mark! :thumb:

SVS Turbo said:
viper spray said:
How about some MORE INFO!!!!!!!!!!!bitch!!
More info coming soon Beeyottcchh /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

This is the engine we have estimated to make 1700hp. Those are estimates for now. Nothing has been proven yet.

We are close and when I have more info I will surely let you know.

Just wanted to make a statement that we are in progress with this project.....



BITCH!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top