Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SVS Stryker SRT-10 TT is completed and being delivered to our customer this coming Monday. It drives and reacts to every condition I have thrown at it just like a stock SRT-10. Idles down beautifully and doesn’t stutter or skip a beat under full power. Sound is conservative with just the whining hum of the turbo’s. Power delivery is smooth as silk. I really loved testing this Viper.

I performed many miles of testing and logged excellent results. City driving stop and go traffic, launches from the stoplights through all the gears and huge blasts on the highway.

While driving at any tested condition, with the hottest day being 80 degrees F outside, the inlet air temps never went over 135 degrees F. That was only after a huge blast through the gears and the temps immediately would drop back down to 100-110 degrees F inlet air temp. We worked with some innovative cooling devices that seriously improved the cooling aspect of the TT system. Engine temps were no higher than 220 F under all tested conditions and would immediately drop back down to 195-200 degrees F.

The Engine is balanced and blueprinted, stock bore and stroke, lower compression pistons, stock cam, heads are worked, stock rocker assembly and the Fuel system is almost silent.

The Motec EMS is interfaced with the stock computer and runs the engine with great precision. EGT’s under any tested conditions have been no hotter than 1450 degrees F. Utilizing the Motec’s capabilities many fail safes have been incorporated into the system.
No codes have been thrown under any tested conditions on the stock computer or the Motec. Plug in the DRB to the stock computer and everything reads normal.

We are delivering the Stryker TT SRT with 760rwhp and 870rwftlbs at 10.5psi. If our customer wishes to turn up the boost to 14psi and run race gas that is under his discretion. If we can interest him in participating in the V-10 Nationals we will surely support his race weekend.

We will have the Stryker SRT TT along with our Stryker GTS TT at the Illinois VCA reunion this Saturday in Tinley Park, IL. If you plan on showing up I will try my best to get you a ride in this smooth and powerful TT sleeper.

Dyno Video's

DYNO RUN 1

DYNO RUN 2

Road Driving (I was holding the camera and trying to drive. I will get some better Video Sat.)

SHORT BURST

TURBO SOUNDS

[image]http://www.supervipersystems.com/SRT-10TT/StrykerSRTDyno.jpg[/image]

Jr.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nohsreg2000 said:
Very nice. But didnt Hennessey Make a lot more power(With and Without NO2) with a stock bottom end? His car seemed reliable as hell to.

Just Trying to see what is better about yours.
I'm not really sure what John's combination's are. If he made more power at what levels I don't really know. I'm sure John's system is reliable as hell also.

One thing I can mention about our Dyno graph is the fact that we have the smoothing completely turned off.

We put alot of emphasis on the cooling system for everyday driving and the low air inlet temps are the result. Smooth power delivery was also a major concern. I'm very confident our customer will be excited with his TT system. I'm not sure if he hangs out on any of the forums but give him some time to enjoy his ride and I will ask him to register and post his own discovery.

On a side note: This is the first TT system that we have built for a customer. We have another in the shop that is going in a 2002 RT-10 that should yield greater power levels. Completely different combinations.

Jr.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RedSnakeGTS said:
congrats on the car, that video is only a taste. MORE VIDS AND PICS!!!!!!!
I will definitely get some more video up before we deliver it, but I will make sure I cut out the scenes when you pull up next to us. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

......congrats to you also,....monster on the hill.

I think a standing mile run is going to have to come up in your magic eight ball sooner or later. :nod:

I'll drive it if you don't want to /images/graemlins/smiles

· Premium Member
13,215 Posts
Finally a tuner that concentrates and puts emphasis on the cooling system! With those temperature readings I take my hat off to you guys. That was my only downfall with my Vipers. The extremely high temperatures. Can you give us any details on what you did to accomplish the lower cooling temperatures?

· Registered
20 Posts
Hey “Jr.”

Got 4 quick ones for you……

How long did this project take from start to finish?

How much do you think this total system will cost with the Motec, engine, “seriously improved cooling” and all; what is the total out the door cost if I wanted to duplicate this car? (I bring the car of course)

What took so long for you guys to release this system? This is the first we have heard about it from the last time you teased us that you were going to be heading to the dyno for tuning 3 months ago. Tuning SVS SRT-10 Twin Turbo

How long until we get to see more on this other car you mentioned, the 2002 RT-10?

Thanks /images/graemlins/smiles

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
King GTS said:
Finally a tuner that concentrates and puts emphasis on the cooling system! With those temperature readings I take my hat off to you guys. That was my only downfall with my Vipers. The extremely high temperatures. Can you give us any details on what you did to accomplish the lower cooling temperatures?
The air to water intercooler system contains a heat exchanger mounted in front of the radiator with a pump that circulates the fluid through the heat exchanger, through another system, and then through the intercooler. The air coming in the front cools the heat exchanger(almost the same as a radiator) and before the fluid travels to the intercooler it passes through another ****system**** that supercools it even more. Then the liquid passes through the intercooler and cools the air before the intake inlet. The process is constantly recirculating and it is better to keep the car running, than shutting it off to cool it down.

The liquid used in the intercooler system is antifreeze. We have had excellent results using just the antifreeze. Now we are going to introduce "EVANS" as the liquid used in the intercooler system. We anticipate even greater cooling from utilizing the "EVANS" liquid, but how much of a decrease in temperature is yet to be seen. After testing I will post the results.

****system****......is not:

anything sprayed onto any surface, like Nitrous or Methanol or Water.
Ice introduced to the system or using the air conditioning system to cool the liquid.

It is just something that we have experimented with that has produced some good results, no maintenence, extreme reliability and will only work on an air to water(or whatever liquid used)system.

Jr.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
houstonT said:
How big are they?

SVS Turbo said:
houstonT said:
Congrats on the beautiful beast! Gotta love those turbo's! Speaking of turbo's, which ones do you guys use?
Peter
Garrett/hybrids

Jr.
Ohhhhh......... they are pretty big, I have my hands on them right now /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

I'm trying to avoid your question. I'm not at liberty to give out certain info. Hope ya understand.

Jr.

· Mother Fucker
1,927 Posts
King GTS said:
My beast runs under 180 all day long even with a little boost here and there :nod: Runs cooler than stock, by activitating the fans earlier and the big ass radiator helps too :idea:

Hey SVS welcome back man, we missed you at the last V10s :nod: See you soon /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Mike

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jkracer said:
SVS Stryker the grandfather of the Viper TT, way to go guys. Hopefully you can talk your customer into a show at the next V-10 Nationals.
Thanks Rohn,

I will try my best. Miss the competition and fun. Would love to start a Texas Hold'em game the night before. 100-200 buy in, No limit, 7 or 8 guys would be alot of fun. Sounds like there's plenty of gamblers.

Guess I have to make it there first.

Jr.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.