Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since some people can't get the hang of adding "NWS" to their posts, and since some of us *occasionally* (ahem) do a quick review of the Alley from the confines of an office under the baleful eye of The Man, it would be cool to have an option to always display attached photos as a link to the image in a new window, rather than showing them inline.

Personally, I'd like this as an easily accessible toggle so I could turn it on or off from work and from home, but even just having the option would be nice.

Plus, I guess, it would improve load-times for dial-up users.

And if you wanna get REALLY fancy, what if it converted photos we've already seen to links... (Now I'm thinking about some of those Garage and Kitchen postings that start out with twenty super-giant scans... making it nearly impossible to read the replies a few days later until the images are done pushing the text down the page...)

Just some random thoughts. What with all that fancified statistics charting you're doing, I figured you were probably in dire need of something new to code.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I wasn't really thinking about that post. I didn't hit it from work since your subject line did have something about a bikini in there, I just thought it should have explicitly said NWS. But here and there, other things have been posted without the warning.

It was just an idea, that's all. Throwin' it out there for comment...

·
Enlightened
28,764 Posts
If you are not logged in, images do not appear within messages. There is probably a cookie we can toggle, but not sure how I would integrate it into the interface. Maybe in the bottom Extra Info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts