Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Stryker TT on the Dyno !!!!!!

2K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  houstonT 
#1 ·
Anyone have any big power dyno runs on video? This was just before we went to the 1 mile shootout in Nebraska. :thumb:

Stryker TT Dyno

jR.
SVS

#2 ·
Hey Jr., how about a head to head twin turbo smack down? Dyno, dragstrip and freeway. You want to come to Texas or want us to come up there? The only races we get around here is matching one of our twins against another. I just need a little bit of notice so I can decide which TT we will bring. Let me know.

This would be a lot of fun.

#3 ·
John Hennessey said:
Hey Jr., how about a head to head twin turbo smack down? Dyno, dragstrip and freeway. You want to come to Texas or want us to come up there? I just need a little bit of notice so I can decide which TT we will bring. Let me know.

My monies on the Venom. [image]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/burnout.gif[/image]

#4 ·
David Weaver has video of the Austin Dyno day we had about 3 weekends ago. He should post it here soon. But, here is the thread for it in case you missed it.

http://www.viperalley.com/showflat.php?C...true#Post126937

Some of the Vipers there put out some awesome numbers and all around was a great day, a little too hot though for the Vipers but still a good day. What did the Viper in the video put down by the way?

#8 ·
Damn John, how soon you forget!!! Do I have to turn the 98 supra that's sitting in my garage into another TT viper killer? Didn't I do that a long time ago with the white one? What did you have at that time in the orange car? 1000 rwhp with the stroker motor and a 250 shot of NOS? /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Peter

#9 ·
That would be a great opportunity to see two competing TT's head to head. It would be a first!

Come on SVS - you've been called - have a go! You know what you can do over a standing mile and on a dyno - give the 1/4 a go too. We all know you will be new to the dragstrip - but you've got a chance to win 2 out of 3. Maybe even pull off an upset.

/images/graemlins/lurk.gif

#10 ·
Jr./SVS, sorry for hijacking your thread here.

Peter, hey man, nice to hear from you. Yes, you won the last race, no excuses from me at all. But when you were asked to run again after the first run, then your list of excuses came out on why you could not make another run.

So if you are serious about manning up and going head to head for a best 2 out of 3 70-170 roll ons, then I am game. The 2 out of 3 allows for either of us to miss a shift which can happen. Your car is making 950 rw hp and should beat just about anything out there. So you should have not much to worry about.

Would you like me to pick a date? OK, lets say when the air is cool, so how about 3rd or 4th week in Oct.

Let me know,

John

#11 ·
houstonT said:
Damn John, how soon you forget!!! Do I have to turn the 98 supra that's sitting in my garage into another TT viper killer? Didn't I do that a long time ago with the white one? What did you have at that time in the orange car? 1000 rwhp with the stroker motor and a 250 shot of NOS? /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Peter
I was told the orange car wasn't a stroker motor anyway. Stock bottom end. And it had no NOS either.
[image]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/dunno.gif[/image] [image]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/dunno.gif[/image] [image]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/dunno.gif[/image] [image]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/dunno.gif[/image]

#12 ·
Trey, the orange TT was a stock bottom end the last time I ran Peter and did have NOS. The turbo system on the car was the first prototype system with integrated wastegates which did provide a consistent boost. Either way, he won that single race. I would say that our production system is worthy of a re-match. At least its gone low 9's and an 8 for a street car, so I think it should give Peter's 10 or 11 sec. Supra a decent run.

So if you are serious Peter, then lets do it for all to see. If you are just talking and really dont want to run, then just say so, we will understand.

#14 ·
John Hennessey said:
Hey Jr., how about a head to head twin turbo smack down? Dyno, dragstrip and freeway. You want to come to Texas or want us to come up there? The only races we get around here is matching one of our twins against another. I just need a little bit of notice so I can decide which TT we will bring. Let me know.

Call your buddies at Car and Driver and get it on the front cover. :cheers:

I have to play a little at the 1/4, before we can :dance:

jR.
SVS

#17 ·
What's wrong with Car and Driver covering it too? That could be great PR for both tuners - I think a race between two 1000hp+ Vipers would have them running for the story.

How about:

Best of 3 in each of Dyno pull, drag race, 70-170mph roll on, standing mile. NO NOS. Independent techo = fair competition. 100-150mph could also be measured during the roll on - that's a great benchmark.

#18 ·
Barry, to me its about the competition, win or lose, magazines or not. Which brings back the original offer of a head to head match up. We dont have to dyno queen, we dont have to drag race. How about a side by side standing mile? First one to the mile wins. If you guys can get it in a magazine, then thats great too. I just would like to match up the only twin turbo vipers out there.

#19 ·
LOL, Johnny boy, come on now!!!! The TT car was making over 1000 rwhp and on a 250 shot of NOS. That was with a supra that I had 5 cars ago that was only making low 900's... Your NEW TT makes the same power as the orange car, you need to work your way up the food chain to run me again. Get through some of the fast cars in Houston first, then give me a call... The SVS car sounds like a good starting point...
From 70-200 (which is the speed we raced from and to) I pulled approximately 3-4 car lengths. There was no need for a rematch, it was crystal clear who's car was faster (and that was even with my 270 lb. passenger in the car with me who videotaped the beating...)
As for the quarter mile, lol, nice try. I've been the track ONE time in my life, it's just not my thing. Let me know when this race goes down, i'd like to watch in my chase car to size up my competition.
Peter

#20 ·
Peter, I was hoping you would man-up and not have to reach into your bag of excuses, but everyone here can read.

This is your opportunity to race without any excuses. How disappointing. I really did enjoy our previous 2 runs even though I lost one of them. Just sent you a PM, check it out.

#21 ·
Sgt. Snatch said:
David Weaver has video of the Austin Dyno day we had about 3 weekends ago. He should post it here soon. But, here is the thread for it in case you missed it.

http://www.viperalley.com/showflat.php?C...true#Post126937

Some of the Vipers there put out some awesome numbers and all around was a great day, a little too hot though for the Vipers but still a good day. What did the Viper in the video put down by the way?
Snatch, it was 850rwhp / 960rwftlbs @ 7.67psi. :thumb:

jR.
SVS :flag: :flag: :flag:

#22 ·
Come on John, you know me better than that!!!! I have given NO excuses, I've simply stated facts! There is NOTHING but factual information in my posts here. Let's recap:
I beat you in your (actually your customers) 1000+ rwhp TT/NOS viper
I did it with a 270 lb. friend videotaping the whole thing from my car
I did it in a stock motor poopra
I think that about sums it up, no excuses, just facts...
PM sent back.
Peter

#23 ·
SVS Turbo said:
it was 850rwhp / 960rwftlbs @ 7.67psi. :thumb:

jR.
SVS :flag: :flag: :flag:
/images/graemlins/applause.gif

That indicates zero boost (calculated only) figures of 550rwhp and 620rwtq respectively - very good on motor only for boost compression ratios.... throw in more boost and we'll have a great shootout on our hands.

#24 ·
Torquemonster said:
What's wrong with Car and Driver covering it too? That could be great PR for both tuners - I think a race between two 1000hp+ Vipers would have them running for the story.

How about:

Best of 3 in each of Dyno pull, drag race, 70-170mph roll on, standing mile. NO NOS. Independent techo = fair competition. 100-150mph could also be measured during the roll on - that's a great benchmark.

How about the new SRT Stryker TT and the SRT Venom TT in a shootout on the front cover. I can make it happen. :nod:

Which magazine would everyone like to see it in? :cheers:

jR.
SVS

#26 ·
houstonT said:
LOL, Johnny boy, come on now!!!! The TT car was making over 1000 rwhp and on a 250 shot of NOS. That was with a supra that I had 5 cars ago that was only making low 900's... Your NEW TT makes the same power as the orange car, you need to work your way up the food chain to run me again. Get through some of the fast cars in Houston first, then give me a call... The SVS car sounds like a good starting point...
From 70-200 (which is the speed we raced from and to) I pulled approximately 3-4 car lengths. There was no need for a rematch, it was crystal clear who's car was faster (and that was even with my 270 lb. passenger in the car with me who videotaped the beating...)
As for the quarter mile, lol, nice try. I've been the track ONE time in my life, it's just not my thing. Let me know when this race goes down, i'd like to watch in my chase car to size up my competition.
Peter

if u think ur cars the shit..why not race again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.