Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im completing my latest upgrades; heads/cam/intake/T&Ds/TBs. (heads are low for poss future NOS and/or SC) would a 510 stroker be something to consider as well?? opinions please

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
could you elaborate on your head/cam package?? how much did it net you at the rear wheels?? cam size(lift;durartion;lobe seperation), flow numbers on the heads. thankyou. :burn:

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cam .600" lift 115 lobe sep. heads 9:1 comp (for future sc/nos) ~315cfm

rwhp gains from this whole upgrade TBA when i dyno in florida. prior to all this i dynoed (with headers/hiflo cats/ corsa exhaust) at 449.8 RWHP and 496.3 RWTQ. so, with the heads/cam/intake/TBs/T&Ds and a vec1 I expect over 600RWHP with proportionate RWTQ. IMO a good base for the future SC/NOS addition (and perhaps the 510 stroker upgrade)

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
impressive!! cant wait to hear how the dyno goes. with a .600 lift cam, could this car be daily driven?? As in if anyone jumps in it, or does it act like a big cammed car and needs the throttle a bit on take off and things of that nature. WHEN i get a Viper, i have decided to head/cam but i dont want to kill the drivability, i could just buy a mustang and do that.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
daily driver/grocery getter not a bit of problem with 600, is about as aggressive as you can go. now, if i race the shit outta it, itll beat the hell out of it, but i only race once a week at max and thats seasonal, i daliy drive it everwhere including cross country ever year.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
A stroker will raise compression unless coupled with lower comp pistons - something to bear in mind if planning boost.

Good luck with your project. :thumb:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am currently working on a stroker 510 it will give you more torque for sure.
With you current plan 600 rwhp may be a bit high on the estimate but that is a huge cam. Was your cam designed with a blower in mind ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts