Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so yesterday I went and looked at an ACR that a local dealer has. Its red w/silver stripes. The car is in EXCELLENT condition (only has 7xx miles). As I was looking at the stripes, I noticed that they looked like they had a distinct edge to them. I rubbed my finger across them and I could feel this "edge". Now, the dealer says they are factory (not saying they are lying), but are the factory stripes suppose to be that way? My friend has a '98 GTS and had stripes painted on and they don't feel this way. Just curious. :thumb:

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
I haven't check with vipers BUT... I had a neon and it had stripes from the factory and it was that way...but they where not painted on. I know a viper owner who had stripes painted on and you can still feel a slight edge. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I didn't think there should be an edge. The edge is very distinct. IF these stripes are vinyl or an after-market paint job, they did it to factory specs (also didn't go through the plate area). I take it that the dealer is lying then?

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Slow Eddie said:
By the way, in an attempt not to loo like a dumb ass, I was only kidding............

I guess the car I felt up on had been repainted...

Eddie
I don't think that you loo like a dumb ass at all. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! :thumb: This is a newer ('02) ACR, so I guess that would explain the edge. /images/graemlins/smiles

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.