Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A customer of mine brough by his Gen 1 today to show us this new top he came up with. He said it is made of aluminum and is the actual top used as the prototype. 3 pieces that fold up and will fit in the trunk of an RT/10.

· Registered
1,831 Posts
I am considering that top... but I am concerned with head room? I have the Northwind which provides 2" of additional head room over the Mopar.... but I do not have a soft top.

Anyone who is 6'4" sat in a Viper with this stowable top?

· Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Lance you're WAY taller than me, and I was already worried about headroom when I saw that top. I can't imagine it provides enough room. Heck, depending on my seat position, sometimes my head sticks up above the windshield frame when the top is off, so I know yours must do that.

· Registered
5,392 Posts
Thin Man said:
I am considering that top... but I am concerned with head room? I have the Northwind which provides 2" of additional head room over the Mopar.... but I do not have a soft top.

Anyone who is 6'4" sat in a Viper with this stowable top?
Phil did tell me that he used a 2" seat lowering kit and he had no problems with head room.

· Donald Trump's Landlord
7,234 Posts
viper spray said:
The top owner, Phil , has a couple of seat lowering kits for sale , he is about 6'4" also.
Spray:

<confused> Are you saying that the hard top maker also sells seat lowering kits? (If so) Are they the Northwind kits, some other, or does he also make his own?

· Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CitySnake said:
viper spray said:
The top owner, Phil , has a couple of seat lowering kits for sale , he is about 6'4" also.
Spray:

<confused> Are you saying that the hard top maker also sells seat lowering kits? (If so) Are they the Northwind kits, some other, or does he also make his own?
Phil runs some kind of a fabrication shop. He had his guys make him one after a "sample" unit he obtained. He says he has 4 more sets. I will tell him to get on here and post about it.
DW

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Nice idea. Probably not enough head room for anyone much over 6' with a helmet on... My "double bubble" was fine for me (6') with a helmet, but really tight for my buddy (6'2"). I did Northwind 1" seat lowering kit, and it helped a lot.

· Donald Trump's Landlord
7,234 Posts
David Weaver said:
CitySnake said:
viper spray said:
Spray:

Phil runs some kind of a fabrication shop. He had his guys make him one after a "sample" unit he obtained. He says he has 4 more sets. I will tell him to get on here and post about it.
DW
Thanks David! I've always wanted the 1" NW kit...but just felt the Viper tax for the kit was outrageous!

( /images/graemlins/wink alright, I'm cheap)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.