Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom Wilkin's 1999 Viper GTS - Venom 800 Twin Turbo. Tom's car has a stock Gen 2 motor with stock cam plus Stage 2 Venom TT heads (9.0 cr) and T&D rockerarms. Boost was set at 13 psi. This car was driven 15 miles prior to the dyno test and then cooled for 45 minutes prior to making the pulls. There was no cooling of the intercooler prior to the tests.

First pull with tire spin on the Dynojet made 860 rw hp & 940 rw torque. The actual numbers were 889 rw hp & 973 rw torque.

Second pull made 841 rw hp & 920 rw torque.

Congrats Tom and have fun with the Viper guys up in Dallas.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
HOLY SHIT those are STRONG numbers. Thats EASILY 1000 corrected flywheel HP and over 1100 Ft-lbs of torque!!!!!! Fuuuuuuck! That thing will lay down huge numbers at the track. What does the torque curve look like?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Smoke - will post the dyno sheet later today. Looking at the actual numbers in front of me right now it made over 800 rw tq from 3300 to 5600 rpm and over 900 rw tq from 4000 to 5200 rpm. Made over 800 rw hp from 4300 to 5900 rpm. The power curve is similar but slightly better than the SRT TT that ran 152 mph last month at the Texas V10 Nationals.

Spray - its both fun and scary to drive.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
GAWD DAMN !! VERY Impressive Numbers John !

Will you be lowering the boost now that the dyno pulls are done ?? Or do you feel comfortable leaving the boost that high ?

:cheers:

Jeff

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yellow - the customer has a boost controller in the car. He will most likley cruise around on 10 psi. Then he is able to increase boost to 13 psi for a street race or 16 psi for the track.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Yellow - the customer has a boost controller in the car. He will most likley cruise around on 10 psi. Then he is able to increase boost to 13 psi for a street race or 16 psi for the track.
AWESOME !

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Will this car be in Florida?

·
Registered
135 Posts
What's up John. I know numbers like that are possible with stock bottom end but for how long? How are you keeping the balancers on with all these high HP cars?

But damn that has to be scary cool.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Hot dang John - are you running rocket fuel in that beast?

That torque curve would climb Everest! :thumb:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jerome - always great to hear from you too.

Roof - I would like to bring it, but its up to the owner. I will ask him today if he wants to go. I am going to suggest to him that we run it in the street tire class and maybe a few interesting street races. Maybe Moundir wnats to race his DLM from a roll? If the owner gives us a thumbs up on FL then the car will be there.

Sapphire - we built another twin turbo on a stock bottom end and it made more power than this car. Never had a problem with it. Of course, we are talking about 99 and older Gen 2's with forged pistons from the factory. As far as I know the only power adder that has to address issues with the balancer are blower systems.

TM - the torque curve has a very distinct feel to it when it starts to grow the rear tires at 100 mph on the highway!

·
Registered
135 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Sapphire - we have build another twin turbo on a stock bottom end and it made more power than this car. Never had a problem with it. Of course, we are talking about 99 and older Gen 2's with forged pistons from the factory. As far as I know the only power adder that has to address issues with the balancer are blower systems.
makes sense.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
CONGRATS on the numbers! VERY impressive, turbo + viper motor = /images/graemlins/smiles
Put a cam in that car, pick up 50 or more HP and hold that power to redline, that will be a beast.
Peter <---loves boost

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Peter - the owner is already talking about future upgrades including an auto and some motor work. Since he lives in Dallas I will see if he can come down to the big Supra event in March.

Future - the car is currently setup to run up to 12 psi on 93 octane. Since we were running 13 psi boost, we added 5 gal. of 104 unleaded to the 10 gallons of 93 already in the tank. To run 14-16 psi on this car I would suggest running 100% race gas for an all out track effort. For a high output boosted motor of any kind, race gas is the cheapest insurance you guy buy to guard against getting some bad gas at the local pump.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Congrats, John!

BTW - I have the same power with my Roe Supercharger at 3000 RPM as Tom Wilkin's 1999 Viper GTS - Venom 800 Twin Turbo at 3000 RPM.

BTW#2 - He has more than me above 3000 RPM.

/images/graemlins/drive /images/graemlins/drive

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.