Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Stickiest tire for 19 inch wheels?

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  RedGTS 
#1 ·
Guys, other than Pilots, what else are there that will provide better traction for those running 19 inch wheels?

-Manny

#3 ·
Anthony, do those give much better grip?

#11 ·
OK guys... for those of you who are interested in getting rid of your 19's, ...
...I will make you a great offer. I have a very nice sets of 17" Gen I three spokes that I will trade you. Even. You won't have to pay additional!! Tires are readily available for street or drag!!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :thumb:

#12 ·
Pirellis dont hook up very well at all. I have 305/30-19 Pzeros on my car and they are horrible from any low mph. Of course no 19" tire is going to act as like 16" ET streets but there has got to be some better alternatives. Nitto and BFG will eventually make a drag radial for 19s, its inevitable with all the new cars coming out with bigger and bigger wheels. 18" wheels with BFG 345 DR's are your best bet at this point.

#13 ·
Manny, that is why I am waiting for John Purner to make the 18" version of the wheels you have(Which are the most beautiful wheels I have ever seen, by the way).

With the 18's, the tires are available for many different needs.

You can also get the michelin pilot cup sport that is
1. grippy as hell
2. speed rated to the same speed as the pilots
3. comes in a 345=> which different than all the other 345/18's is the same overall diameter as the 335's.
4. if you want a slightly taller tire, you can get that too!(In case you want to go 214 MPH with the stock 5th gear in the tranny! /images/graemlins/biggrin /images/graemlins/dude

#14 ·
Paolo, did John Purner say he was going to make an 18, or are you just hoping?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.