Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some oil hoses and am thinking of switching from steel braid. SB crimps too easily which causes blockage and once one of the braided strands shreds it can rip up a guy's hands pretty good.

I wonder if this stuff is good.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
The pressure rating for this hose would be adequate for use in the oil cooling system and it uses standard 2 pc nipple and socket reusable AN fittings. However, you need to be sure you are getting -10 (5/8") hose ID, not -8 as linked above. You should also look into Aeroquip AQP, Parker, or Gates hose with Viton liner. Compare OD and minimum bend radius specs for the various alternatives.

Each of the few times I've had the oil cooler hoses off my car, I've cursed the orientation of the engine side adapters. The 45* angle adapters are short, and their location makes it very difficult to get a standard wrench on to loosen or tighten. If I was servicing these any more often, I'd do something about it and document my fix here. Or, I'd buy a garbage wrench and saw the box end off short enough to be easier to use in tight quarters.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great info Dean. Will take your advice as usual.

Comforting to know I'm not the only one that curses those lines. What makes it worse for me is that I routed my brake duct scoop just in front of the line-to-cooler connection. Can't get a wrench on the line without additional surgery.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
The oil filter adapter is a mfer LOL. I've made my own lines and even with swivel fittings it's still a bitch to connect. The most difficult part, for me, was getting the hose fitting through the radiator shroud such a tight area. Somewhat related...I'm looking for an oil filter adapter 04886503AC or AD. This was the original oil filter adapter on my engine that I lost when I sent it out for forged internals, pistons, etc. The adapter I have now is 4763736AC and it's different. My oil cooler lines are short for 4763736AC...I made new ones but if anyone has a 04886503AC or AD to spare please let me know. I need to compare the two of them side by side for peace of mind.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts