Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People are asking me what the status is for V10 Nationals for 2005. Roof, Cudaman and others in the know, please comment on if there are going to be any V10 Nat races this year.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,646 Posts
I hope not, but think so too :furious2: :furious2: :confused: :confused:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THE CHAD said:
They're done.
I cant think that this would be the case. If in fact Roof has decided he is too busy to deal with the V10 Nats, then there are certainly enough other supporters to keep it alive. I dont know where Roof stands on this subject and I would never count him out of anything. Thats why I made this post in hopes that he could give some input.

I suggest that since the next big race is the Supra event here in Texas in early March, that there be a V10 Nat event in late April or early May.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
done like in "well" or just done as in never again? How about last years jackets for the top whomevermany, when will they be done?

I guess we can read about the V-10 in book form, "the year that almost was but is now done? or "Chad scared everyone away with one monster run." or the series will be up and running when the roof man has his vipers back together and ready to R-U-M-B-L-E. :smiles:

Roof's roof's won't last forever so maybe done is like a temporary thing either way it was a blast.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
theres no way the V10 nats is done unless ALL of us say its done. roof started it and for that i am grateful but if he isnt going to continue it then others certainly can do so, hell, i dont know how he even did it for a full year as busy as he is. V10 nats is all of us who love viper dragracing and have met together race after race in cities nationwide for nothing other than the love of the game (well, that and tequila, beers, sunshine, lapdances, etc) anyway.

heres a suggestion for a four race series

ohio; sept
BG or St Louis; oct
texas; nov
bradenton; dec

me and the ohio boys (ohio vca) can take care of the ohio event, i know ward can take bradenton under his wing, KY or St Louis we would have to figure out and (donovan could help star us in the right direction here i bet)texas can be handled by all those big boys in texas. put em all together and we got ourselves a series of 4 four quarter races.

this is just some off the cuff thoughts and examples and i think its doable if we all want to keep viper dragracing alive. i recall BG being kinda shitty this past yr, so maybe try a new track, say somewhere on eastcoast? or again, what about st louis, been alot of mention of the track there its cost effectiveness and quality. plus itd pull a bit more potential competitors for farther west and southwest for us, just thoughts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rich,
My vca chapter is setting up a viper challenge at the mopar nationals in September. It is in the works right now...I don't know all the specifics as of the moment, but I will find out. I am under the impression that Gateway is going to be open minded about the rules for this event, to what extent I don't know yet. I can rent the track with the support of my local speed shop (Wise Speed Shop)who is one of the main contributors to GIR. I have spoken to the owner in the past about such a event and they were willing to help in any way possible. September is going to be hot, but the track will be prepped and ready to roll, that is for sure. I would like to have another event here in better weather, but I will need a little support from everyone. If we are going to try to have a series like David started, we will need to work together to organize a game plan...times, places, classes, rules, entry fees...etc. I think we need to get a person from what ever region we are thinking about and have these people sit down and get it figured out...the days are passing by and before you know it, it will be the end of the season again. Count me in if everyone else is ready. :nod:
Later,
Joe

·
Premium Member
19,646 Posts
Joe,
Try to make it LATE Semptember, maybe it will cool off. :nod: :nod: :nod:

·
Enlightened
29,968 Posts
I sent Roof a PM a few weeks ago about sending him his winnings from the Alley sponsorship, but I haven't heard back. Someone let him know we have his money if he contacts me to collect it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The Cudaman is in tight with the owners of Bradenton, so no problems there. Atlanta might make be a better option for Bowling Green. I agree with Mojo, we can make this happen if we want, and I'm sure that when Roof's business calms down he will re-surface.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Atlanta has historically had really tight tech. Jackson, SC (across the river from Augusta, GA and just 3 hours EAST of atlanta [180 miles to be exact] ) is a lot cheaper track and a damn fast track. they are also a lot more accomodating.

If you wanted something out here in GA, there is the Silver Dollar Raceway which is about 100 miles south of atlanta (see http://www.silverdollarraceway.com )

Personally, i've always liked bowling green as a track... but that is just me. If we wanted to do an event at any of these locations, I can start the ball rolling for a posibility. Just toss out some dates and I'll look into it.

JD

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
either way before using the name v-10 nationals roof would have to give permission to use the name. The name is his registered name and thus he must be on board or sign off. He is busy working but does read these post and for what ever reason chooses not to respond or post.
I for one would like to keep the v-10 going with roof as the CEO but with a complete board of directors that could and would help to keep this going and growing.
There is still time past Feb but Feb with time fading has to be out. Maybe once roof comes out from "underground" he will have an extremely fast Viper and a new mission with v-10 priorities.

you know this is heffners and chads fault for building a beast and driving it to new records that use to be laughable if anyone ever said "a 6 speed street viper in the low 8 sec, thats a joke" and now they are looking at pushing the bar into a high 7 and that's no joke.

roofie roofie come out from where ever you are.

rohn

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jkracer the other Muppet said:
either way before using the name v-10 nationals roof would have to give permission to use the name. The name is his registered name and thus he must be on board or sign off. He is busy working but does read these post and for what ever reason chooses not to respond or post.
I for one would like to keep the v-10 going with roof as the CEO but with a complete board of directors that could and would help to keep this going and growing.
There is still time past Feb but Feb with time fading has to be out. Maybe once roof comes out from "underground" he will have an extremely fast Viper and a new mission with v-10 priorities.

you know this is heffners and chads fault for building a beast and driving it to new records that use to be laughable if anyone ever said "a 6 speed street viper in the low 8 sec, thats a joke" and now they are looking at pushing the bar into a high 7 and that's no joke.

roofie roofie come out from where ever you are.

rohn
jkRACER - As usual, you are right on the money.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Rhon, excellent idea(s). and i agree with the name rights. we need roof to some extent. the CEO/BOD idea is a good one, plus it makes everyting alot easier for roof and all others involved. have the board of directors made up of about five others each of who are responsbile for a particular area perhaps. regardless, we do have to move soon, this year will be gone quicker than we know it.

chad; the ONLY reason i suggested sept thru dec was as itll give us time to plan and org events. march woudl be damn tight but doable if we hussle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.